:Chapter 35:

:Isabella:

It took two hours to pack for Greenburg, get all my essential things, a canvas, Maryse's supplies and then my weapons. Including the sword Lucas told me to take with. I had practiced movements with it. Now sword fighting defiantly wasn't my skill.

But Lucas said I needed it. 'Lilith is still trying to get information from Lucas, the attack left him dizzy and uncoordinated. They have him on bedrest. Orchid will need to take a look at him no doubt.' But all that mattered was that they were alive and not dead.

The next attack could of ended up with one of them being dead. When I got to Greenburg I talked to Ryne and Enyr about the attack while the Ashford's minus Orchid went to their family. Orchid was currently brewing away with Andrew on FaceTime checking in on everyone.

Right now I was in my room with Ryne. Enyr was next to Lucas. Ryne said he refused to leave Lucas's side since the attack. They had some wounds, but no one could recall much. The attack had mostly been directed at Lucas. The Ashford's didn't get much involved except The First flying by.

'Looking for an escape route as he isn't that crazy to take on an entire wolf pack that is trained.' Only Victor was that crazy. In my lap was our family sword in it's hilt. Every hunting family had it's share of family heirlooms and I had a nice chunk of them.

The Knight ring, the Knight sword. Ryne had gotten an old pistol heirloom and Enyr had gotten a necklace. 'But you were the firstborn girl technically and they are to get the ring and sword.' It was tradition for old hunter families to have some sort of heirloom.

"I remember seeing this when mom was alive." Ryne said looking at me. I nodded. "It hung up on the wall above their bed proudly. Dad asked about it and mom would tell him the story about the sword and all the lives that fell to it." Ryne said looking at the hilt.

Encrusted in sapphires and silver. 'It's probably worth a fortune. All the gems and stones and how old it is yet sturdy.' Ryne took the sheath off revealing the sharp blade that gleamed in the artificial lighting reflecting giving it a nice gleam. "You want to hear some stories?" Ryne asked.

I nodded. "This blade killed a nogistune emperor. It's not recorded except in some journals. He took the crown behind scenes and the emperor's heir hired our ancestor Dia Knight and her brother Enzo Knight. They sneaked past the nogistune controlled protectors. And then slayed the nogistune emperor and restored the rightful one." Ryne said.

I nodded. "This also slayed a rogue who attempted to become the alpha of the rogues." Ryne said. "Seems to happen a lot." I commented and Ryne smiled just a little at that. "This was different though." Ryne said.

'And I wonder how it differs from your rogue alpha story.' "This rogue was an alpha who was defeated and thrown out of his pack. In spite he gathered rogues to become the alpha of rogues. Chantal Knight defeated him after tracking him and his pack and destroying them from the inside." Ryne said.

All of the names were French as our family came from French descent. 'And you come from rich French bloodline from your mother's side.' 'Just don't know much about my father's side though.' "Any more interesting stories?" I asked Ryne who looked up and smiled.

"Isabella we could spend hours going over stories." Ryne said and I looked at the sword in my hands. "Lots of lives have fallen to the sword." I commented and Ryne nodded. "Use to be one of the best weapons until guns came, but it remains efficient." Ryne explained and I nodded.

"This slayed a coven leader who turned forsaken. The coven tried to defeat him, but he was strong. Raphael Knight coated the blade in holy water and garlic before slaying him." Ryne said and that story was interesting. Forsaken were deadly and nasty creatures, vampires who gave into bloodlust.