Possessed Diary

Remi's POV

Valentine's day has come and gone, Ginny sent Harry a poem. But Draco ruined it for her by telling everyone. I received a few cards and poems of my own, along with sweets. Which I did not eat. Most were from Death-eater children, others were pranks and a few were genuine. 

I was working on my essay for Professor McGonagall when Harry asked me to look at something. So I went to his dorm over to his writing desk where an old diary laid. "Since when do you write in a diary?" I ask him.

"It's not mine, Ron and I found it in Myrtle's bathroom when we went to see why her corridor was flooded" Harry states. "Apparently someone throw it through her head" he explains.

"Weird, who'd throw away a perfectly good diary?" I mumble. Then open it to see it completely empty of any entries. Then looked at the owners name "Tom Marvolo Riddle, why does that sound familiar?" I ask myself.

"What do you think?" Harry asks sitting on another chair he brought over.

"It's old, don't know how old though" I tell him. "Do you have any spare quill or ink?" I ask him. Harry nod his head and grabs them for me. I then open the diary to a random page and write:

Our names are Harry Potter and Remi Lupin. The writing disappears and an others handwriting writes back. It said this:

Hello Harry and Remi, my name is Tom Riddle. How did you come by my  diary?

Someone tried to flush it down the toilet  I reply.

Luck that I recorded my memories in some more lasting way then ink. But I always knew that there would be those who would not want this diary read Tom states.

"What does he mean?" Harry asks and I repeat the question for Tom.

I mean this diary holds memories of terrible things. Things that were covered up. Thongs that happened at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Tom explains.

"Ask him about the chamber of secrets" Harry tells me. So I write:

That's where we are now and horrible things are happening. Do you know anything about the Chamber of Secrets?

Of course I knew about the Chamber of Secrets. In my day, they told us that it was a legend, that it did not exist. But this was a lie. In my fifth year, the Chamber was opened and the monster attacked several students, finally killing one. I caught the person who'd opened the Chamber and he was expelled. But the headmaster, Professor Dippet, ashamed that such a thing had happened at Hogwarts, forbade me not to tell the truth. A story was given out that the girl had died in a freak accident. They gave me a nice, shiny, engraved trophy for my trouble and warned me to keep my mouth shut. But I knew it could happen again. The monster lived on, and the one who had the power to release it was not imprisoned Tom explains.

Harry snatches the quill from me and quickly writes back:

It's happening again now. There have been three attacks and no one seems to know who's behind them. Who was it last time?

I can show you, if you like. You don't have to take my word for it. I can take you inside my memory of the night when I caught him Tom Replies.

"I don't think this is a good idea Harry" I tell him.

"But we could finally stop the attacks" he tells me.

"I want them to stop just as much as you, but something's not right about this Tom person" I tell him.

Let me show you Tom writes when we didn't reply. I sigh nodding my head and Harry writes 'ok'. Suddenly a bright light appears and we're sucked into the diary itself. We appeared to be in Hogwarts still, but everything was in black and white.

"Are you Tom Riddle?" Harry asks and I turn to notice a sixteen year old boy standing by the staircase. He didn't answer and suddenly doors open. A bunch of people walked by carrying a stretcher with a person on it. Just then a much younger Dumbledore appears and calls the teen over. Turns out, it was Tom.

"It is not wise to be wandering around this late hour, Tom" Dumbledore tells him.

"Yes, Professor. I suppose I-I had to see for myself if the rumors were true" Tom tells him and I could tell he was lying. It was hard when it was just him writing. But now my wolf can tell he is lying through his teeth.

"I'm afraid they are, Tom. They are true" Dumbledore tells him gravely.

"About the school, as well? I don't have a home to go to. They wouldn't really close Hogwarts, would they, Professor?" Tom asks. I could tell he was really worried about that.

"I understand, Tom. But, I'm afraid Headmaster Dippet may have no choice" Dumbledore explains.

"Sir, if it all stopped. If the person responsible was caught..." Tom trails off.

"Is there something you wish to tell me?" Dumbledore asks paring over his half-moon shaped glasses at Tom.

"No, sir. Nothing" Tom says a little to quickly and Dumbledore examines him before shrugging.

"Very well then, off you go" Dumbledore tells him.

"Goodnight Sir" Tom says and Dumbledore leaves. But instead of heading for the Slytherin common room. Tom went to a broom cupboard instead where there was an other teen talking to something in a box. "Evening Hagrid" Tom says and the other boy shuts the box. "I'm afraid I am going to have to turn you in Hagrid. I'm sure you never meant it to kill anyone" he states.

"You can't, you don't understand" Hagrid states.

"The dead girl's parents will be here tomorrow, the least Hogwarts can do is ensure the thing that murdered their daughter is dead" Tom explains.

"It wasn't him, Argog never killed no one ever" Hagrid states.

"Monsters don't make good pets Hagrid, stand aside Hagrid" Tom tells him.

"No" Hagrid tells him.

"Stand aside Hagrid" Tom says firmly and Hagrid still refuses to move. "Cistem Aperio" Tom say pointing his wand at the box and it opens. A big spider crawls out and out of the room as Tom tries to get it with "Arania Exuma".

"Argog, Argog!" Hagrid shouts trying to go after the spider but Tom blocks his way.

"I can't let you go Hagrid, they'll have your wand for this and you'll be expelled" Tom tells him. Harry and I were pulled out of the diary as we call Hagrid's name. We land back in our chairs in front of Harry's desk in his dorm.

"Wow" Harry says.

"You go tell the others, I need to rest" I say rubbing my temples. Harry nods his head and leaves the room. I head to my shared dorm and fall onto my bed. Falling straight to sleep.