Petrified Best Friend & Kidnapped

Remi's POV

I am reading my family tree book when I come across Marvolo Gaunt. I knew I'd seen that name before I thought to myself. As I look at his descendants. There he is Tom Marvolo Riddle, pureblood mother and muggle father. An Ailas appears under his name and I drop the book backing away from it. It said 'Lord Voldemort'. I'm related to the Lord Voldemort by marriage, I can't let anyone know this.

I shut the book locking it and put it in my trunk. Then try to think of a way to tell Harry not to trust that diary. Without telling him my relation to Tom Riddle and who he really is. But Harry is far to stubborn for that. He was out training at the moment, so I decide to go do homework with Hermione. Ginny has been acting weird lately, but won't tell me anything.

"Hey Hermione, how are you?" I ask.

"I am well, excited for the match tomorrow" she states.

"Same, anymore ideas in what the monster is?" I ask.

"None, but it hasn't attacked in a while" she states. We then focus on our homework until Neville runs out of the boys dorm then out the portrait hole. "That was weird" Hermione mumbles but then focuses back on her homework.

"Hey Ginny, come study with us" I say when I see her.

"Sure, I could use some help" she says smiling sheepishly. She gets her book bag and we all start to study together. Neville runs back in with Harry and Ron, they run up to their dorm.

"I'm going to go see what's wrong" I tell the girls before heading to the boys dorm. "What's going on? What happened here?" I ask when I see the room trashed.

"Someone took the diary" Harry states.

"Good riddance, I didn't like it" I state before leaving. "Someone stole the dairy Harry found" I whisper to Hermione. "So what did what do you need help with Ginny?" I ask.

"Um herebology" she states taking out the essay we have to do.

"Ginny, devil snare hates sun light. Not the dark" Hermione states.

"Thanks Hermione" Ginny says as she corrects it.

(Next day)

We're all at breakfast and Oliver is trying to get Harry to eat more. When Harry apparently hears the voice again. I look at Hermione with wide eyes and she sames to realize the same thing. "Harry I think we just realized something, we're going to the library" Hermione tells him.

"What about quidditch?"he and Ron ask.

"Save us a seat" I tell Ron before following Hermione. "I can't believe we didn't realize this before, it's so obvious now" I say.

"I agree, follow me" Hermione says as we race to the library. We reach it and go to the right section.

"Found it" I declare taking a book off the shelf. We sit at table and flick through it. Before we find the page on the Basilisk. We read it aloud together:

"Of the many fearsome beasts and monsters that roam our land, there is none more curious or more deadly than the Basilisk, known also as the King of Serpents. This snake, which may reach gigantic size, and live many hundreds of years, is born from a chicken's egg, hatched beneath a toad. Its methods of killing are most wondrous, for aside from its deadly and venomous fangs, the Basilisk has a murderous stare, and all who are fixed with the beam of its eye shall suffer instant death. Spiders flee before the Basilisk, for it is their mortal enemy, and the Basilisk flees only from the crowing of the rooster, which is fatal to it."

"But how has no one died?" Hermione asks aloud.

"Because no one did look it in the eye, not directly" I tell her looking at our reflection in the window.

"Right and it must be using the pipes to get around or someone would of seen it by now" she states. She uses the quill and ink writing 'pipes' in the bottom corner. Before ripping the page out of the book.

"Isn't that the Ravenclaw Prefect?" I ask pointing.

"Yeah, we should tell her about the Basilisk see if she has a mirror or something to look around corners with" Hermione states. We do so and Penelope takes out a hand hold mirror. Then we slowly leave the library looking both ways with the mirror first. My wolf suddenly starts to pace having a bad feeling and I stop working trying to calm her down. When I heard two thuds of bodies hitting the ground and close my eyes.

"I am not afraid of you Basilisk" I growl holding my wand. With my sensitive hearing I hear it round the corner in front of me and shot a stinging hex at it. Before turning and running for it hand on the wall looking for a door. When I trip losing my wand and curse under my breath feeling around for it.

When I feel the basilisk slither over me and I hold completely still. It wraps around me tightly as someone hisses at it. Then it begins to drag me as I hear someone walking in front of us. I was tempted to shift and bite the snake. But I knew I'd lose in a fight against it because of it's size and I can't have my eyes open.

A foul smell soon fills my nose as I tilted side ways. I hear heavy stones or something moving above us. I soon hear a scraping sound of a heavy door closing behind us. I am dropped on a hard wet floor and hear the basilisk leave. I'm then stunned.