Killing the Basilisk and Destroying the Diary

Remi's POV

"Ginny, Remi please wake up" a voice says.

"I'm tired Harry" I grumble turning away from him. My hand hits a cold wet stone floor and I open my eyes. "Ah Harry, where are we?" I ask as I sit up.

"The Chamber of Secrets" he states and turns back to an unconscious Ginny. "Help me wake her, we have to go" he tells me. We got to shake her when my wolf growls inside my head. I snap my head up to see a sixteen year old boy heading our way.

"She won't wake" he states.

"Tom, Tom Riddle" Harry says and I stand up in front of him.

"Stay away from them" I snap.

"Remi he can help us escape before the basilisk arrives" Harry says.

"It won't come until it's called" Tom tells him. Suddenly he was holding Harry's wand and Harry asks for it back. "I'm afraid I can't do that Harry, you see as poor Ginny grows weaker. I grow strong" Tom explains. "Yes Harry, Remi it was Ginny who opened the Chamber of Secrets. She set the basilisk on the muggle borns and the squibs cat. Wrote the messages on the wall" he states.

"Why?" Harry asks.

"Because I told her to" Tom says smirking as I glare at him. Fighting not to shift. "You'll find I can be very persuasive. Not that she had any idea of what she was doing. She was in a trance" he states. "Though the power of the diary began to scare her and she tried to dispose of it in the girl's bathroom. Then you two should find it, the two people I was most anxious to meet" he adds.

"And why did you want to meet us?" Harry asks.

"I knew I had to talk to you both, meet you if I could. So I decided to show you my capture of the brainless oaf Hagrid. To gain your trust" he explains.

"You'll never have my trust" I snap.

"Hagrid's our friend and you framed him" Harry says hotly.

"It was my word against Hagrid's, only Dumbledore seem to think he was innocent" Tom states.

"I bet Dumbledore saw right through you" I say smiling.

"He certainly kept an annoyingly close watch on me after that" he states annoyed. He begins to walk around Harry and I. "I knew it wouldn't be safe to open the Chamber again while I was still at school so I decided to leave behind a Diary, preserving by 16-year old self in its pages so that one day, I would be able to lead another to finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work" he explains.

"Well you haven't finished it this time" Harry states.

"In a few hours the mandrake potion will be ready and everyone petrified will be well again" I add.

"Haven't I told you? Killing Mudbloods doesn't matter to me any more. For many months now, my new target has been you two" Tom tells us. "How is it that a baby with no extraordinary magical talent was able to defeat the greatest wizard of all time? How did you escape with nothing but a scar, while Lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed?" he asks Harry.

"Why do you care how I escaped? Voldemort was after your time!" Harry exclaims.

"Voldemort is my past, present, and future" Tom tells him. Then using Harry's wand wrote his name and waves the wand to rearrange it. To spell 'I am Lord Voldemort'.

"You. You're the Heir of Slytherin. You're Voldemort" Harry says shocked.

"Surely you didn't think I was going to keep my filthy Muggle father's name?" Tom asks. "No, I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world" he declares.

"Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world" Harry and I tell him.

"Dumbledore's been driven out of this castle by the mere memory of me!" Tom exclaims.

"He'll never be gone" I tell him firmly.

"Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him" Harry adds. Suddenly a bird cry was heard and we look up to see a Phoenix. It drops the sorting hat into my hands and I catch it.

"So this is what Dumbledore sends his great defender. A songbird and an old hat" Tom says unimpressed. Then heads to the face of Salazar Slytherin and hisses at it. Once it starts to open he turns to us. "Let's match the power of Lord Voldemort, Heir of Salazar Slytherin, against the famous Harry Potter and half-blood princess" he states.

Harry grabs my hand and we run for the tunnels, me dropping the sorting hat. When Harry trips taking me with him. He covers me with his body as a shadow appears over us and we close our eyes. Suddenly we heard a bird screeching as the basilisk hisses in pain. "No! The bird may of blinded the basilisk, but it can still hear you" Tom tells us.

We open our eyes standing slowly as we look at the basilisk thrashing around trying to avoid the phoenix's talons. As we start to step away I step on a lose brick and it cracks. The basilisk stops moving and looks right at us. "Run!" Harry shouts and drags me into the tunnels.

After some running we reach a dead end and look back to see the blind basilisk. I grab a rock and toss it down another tunnel. The basilisk follows it and we head back the way we came. We run over and kneel beside Ginny. "Yes the process is nearly complete, soon Ginny Weasley will be dead. And Lord Voldemort will be back very much alive" Tom declares.

The basilisk appears from the water and Harry grabs a sword that suddenly appeared from the sorting hat. He leads the basilisk away toward Salazar Slytherin's head. Harry managed to kill the basilisk, but a fang was lodged into his arm. "Amazing isn't it? How quickly the basilisk's venom penetrates the body" Tom states.

Suddenly the phoenix lands beside us looking at Harry. "You were brilliant Fawkes, I just wasn't quick enough" Harry tells it. Fawkes begins to cry over Harry's wound as I snatch up the basilisk fang. Grabbing the diary from Ginny's arm.

"Stop, what are you doing?" Tom asks and I stab the fang into an open page. I do the same with the opposite page before closing the diary. Then slam the fang through the cover and Tom disappears as Ginny suddenly wakes up.

"Don't ever kidnap me again" I tell her firmly as I hug her. "All good Harry?" I ask and he nods his head showing me his healed arm. "Good, let's get out of here" I tell them. Harry leads the way out to a cave in where there was a hole. Ron helped each of us through before hugging his sister. We each grab Fawkes or each other and Fawkes carries the five of us out. Did I forget to mention Lockhart was with us and had no memory of who he was?