Bulgaria Vs Ireland

Remi's POV

We walked through the wood for twenty minutes, talking and joking loudly. Until at last we emerged on the other side and found ourselves in the shadow of a gigantic stadium. "Seats a hundred thousand" Mr Weasley tells us. "Ministry task force of five hundred have been working on it all year. Muggle Repelling Charms on every inch of it. Every time Muggles have got anywhere near here all year, they've suddenly remembered urgent appointments and had to dash away again...bless them" he explains fondly.

We approach a witch and he shows her our tickets. "Prime seats, top box" she tells us smiling. "Straight upstairs, Arthur, and as high as you can go" she tells Mr Weasley. He nods his head and starts lead the way again to the top box.

"Blimey dad, how far up are we?" Ron asks as we near the top box.

"Put it this way, if it rains. You'll be the first to know" someone else answers. We look down to see Mr Malfoy and Draco. I hear the others groan. "Do enjoy yourselves" Mr Malfoy tells Harry and I. We nod and follow Mr Weasley to our seats. Once we sit down, Ron plays with his Omnioculars while Harry speaks to a house elf named Winky behind us. Hermione and I exam the program she had brought.

"A display from the team mascots will precede the match" we read out loud.

"Oh that's always worth watching" Mr Weasley tells us. "National teams bring creatures from their native land, you know, to put on a bit of a show" he explains.

"I wonder what the teams brought for this match?" I wonder out loud. The box filled gradually around them over the next half hour. Mr. Weasley kept shaking hands with people who were obviously very important wizards. Percy jumped to his feet so often that he looked as though he were trying to sit on a hedgehog.

When Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic himself, arrived. Percy bowed so low that his glasses fell off and shattered. Highly embarrassed, he repaired them with his wand and thereafter remained in his seat. Throwing jealous looks at Harry and I, as Cornelius Fudge greeted us like old friends.

"Harry Potter and Remi Lupin, you know" Fudge tells Bulgarian minister. "Remi Lupin the half blood princess. "Harry Potter...oh come on now, you know who he is...the boy who survived You-Know-Who...you do know who he is" he says. The Bulgarian wizard suddenly spotted Harry's scar and started gabbling loudly and excitedly, pointing at it.

"Knew you'd get it eventually" Fudge says smiling and turns back to Harry & I. "I'm no great shakes at languages; I need Barty Crouch for this sort of thing. Ah, I see his house-elf's saving him a seat....Good job too" he says spotting Winky. So she serves the Crouch family.

Soon it's time for the match to begin. But first Ludo introduces the mascots. "Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the final of the four hundred and twenty-second Quidditch World Cup!" he announces. "And now, without further ado, allow me to introduce...the Bulgarian National Team Mascots" he says.

The right-hand side of the stands, which was a solid block of scarlet, roared its approval. And Veela dance onto the pitch as music plays. I notice most the males in the stands become entranced by the veela as they dance.I notice Harry going to climb on the railing and grab his arm. "Harry, what are you doing?" I ask him and he snaps out of it once the music stops.

Angry yells were filling the stadium. The crowd didn't want the veela to go. I notice Ron starting to rip the shamrock off of his hat as they return to their seats. Mr. Weasley, smiling slightly, leaned over to Ron and tugged the hat out of his hands. "You'll be wanting that, once Ireland have had their say" he tells him.

Hermione makes a loud tutting noise, while I roll my eyes. "Men" I giggle.

"Kindly put your wands in the air...for the Irish National Team Mascots!" Ludo announces. Next moment, what seemed to be a great green-and-gold comet came zooming into the stadium. It did one circuit of the stadium, then split into two smaller comets, each hurtling toward the goal posts. A rainbow arced suddenly across the field, connecting the two balls of light. The crowd oooohed and aaaaahed, as though at a fireworks display. Now the rainbow faded and the balls of light reunited and merged; they had formed a great shimmering shamrock, which rose up into the sky and began to soar over the stands. Dropping gold coins, Leprechaun gold.

The great shamrock dissolved, the leprechauns drifted down onto the field on the opposite side from the veela, and settled themselves cross-legged to watch the match. Ludo then introduces the teams and the players. The seeker on the Bulgarian team being the youngest international member on any international team, Viktor Krum. The match then began and Harry watches it through his Omnioculars.

"And it's Mullet! Troy! Moran! Dimitrov! Back to Mullet! Troy! Levski! Moran!" Ludo screams. "TROY SCORES! Ten - zero to Ireland" he shouts.

"What?!" Harry exclaims looking through hims omnioculars. "But Levski's got the Quaffle" he states and I giggle.

"Harry, if you're not going to watch at normal speed, you're going to miss things" I tell him. While Hermione dances in joy at her teams scoring the first goal. Troy did a lap of honor around the field. The leprechauns watching from the sidelines had all risen into the air again and formed the great, glittering shamrock. Across the field, the veela were watching them sulkily.

The match continues on until Viktor Krum catches the snitch. Bulgaria lose the match. 160 - 170 to Ireland. "KRUM GETS THE SNITCH - BUT IRELAND WINS - good lord, I don't think any of us were expecting that!" Ludo shouts. I cheer with the twins and girls.

"Party?" I ask.

"Of course" the twins say smiling as the Ireland team captain accepts the world cup. They then perform a lap of honor, flanked by their mascots. The twins go get their money from Ludo, as they won the bet. While the rest of us start to head for the tent to begin the party.

A/N

Picture above of the quidditch pitch and gif on the external link of the Ireland mascot.