Snape and Truth

Remi's POV

"Looking a bit ragged, aren't we, Sirius? Finally the skin reflects the madness within" dad says to Sirius.

"You'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?" Sirius asks him. The two regard each other, the moment taut with tension. Then dad lowers his wand and steps forward. He helps Sirius up and embraces him like a brother.

"No! I trusted you! I covered up for you. And all this time you've been his friend!" Hermione exclaims in outrage. As I sit down looking at my father confused. "He's a werewolf like Remi! That's why he's been missing classes" she tells the others. I pin my ears to my head in annoyance.

"How long have you known?" dad asks her.

"Since Professor Snape set the essay. I didn't know about Remi until she transformed in front of Harry and I" Hermione states.

"You're the brightest witch of your age I've ever met, Hermione. Next to Remi of course" he tells her. I smile sheepishly.

"Yes, you glow like the sun. And you howl at the moon. Enough talk!" Sirius exclaims. "He dies. Now. If you won't do it with me, Remus, I'll do it alone" he states.

"Wait, Sirius" dad tells him.

"I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In Azkaban!" Sirius exclaims. "Trust me, you wouldn't have lasted a week" he states. Dad looks at him and sighs handing him a hand.

"All right then. As you wish..." he says.

"No!" Harry shouts and I growl standing in front of him. "You betrayed my parents! You sold them to Voldemort!" he states.

"It's a lie! I never would've betrayed James and Lily" Sirius tells him.

"Remi! Harry! You've got to listen" dad tells us.

"Did he listen! When my mother was dying! Did he hear her screaming!" Harry demands.

"No! I wasn't there! And I'll regret it the rest of my life" Sirius states and I see pain flash through his eyes. I relax my tense body.

"Someone else betrayed your parents, Harry. Someone in this room right now. Someone who, until quite recently, I believed to be dead" dad explains. I look at him then at the struggling rat in Ron's hands.

"He's as good as dead" Sirius snarls and the rat struggles harder. I snarl realizing who it was Ron was holding. "Yes Remi, it's him" he sneers as I go stand beside my father.

"What're you talking about? There's nobody here" Harry says confused.

"Oh yes there is" Sirius tells him. "Come out, come out, Peter. Come out, come out and play" he sings tauntingly.

"You're mad" Ron mumbles.

"Expelliarmus!" someone shouts disarming dad and Sirius. We all turn to see Snape standing in the door way. "Ah, vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you" he states smiling smugly. "I told Dumbledore you were helping your old friend into the castle. And here's the proof" he says.

"Brilliant! And -- as usual -- dead wrong. Now give us our wands back. Remus and I have a bit of unfinished business to tend too" Sirius tells him. Snape points his wand under Sirius' chin.

"Give me a reason, I beg you" Snape tells him.

"Don't be a fool, Severus" dad tells him.

"He can't help it. It's habit by now" Sirius tells him. If I was human, I'd of giggled.

"Quiet, Sirius!" dad tells him.

"Be quiet yourself Remus" Sirius snaps.

"Listen to you two. Quarreling like an old married couple. The creature and the criminal" Snape sneers and I growl. No one insults my father.

"Remi, stand down" dad tells me.

"P!ss off" Sirius tells Snape.

"Witty as ever I see. Tell me, will you be so irreverent when I turn you over to the Dementors?" Snape asks and I whine. "Do I detect a flicker of fear? One can only imagine what it must be like to endure the Dementor's Kiss. It's said to be unbearable to witness. But I'll do my best" he states. "After you" he says gesturing to the door.

Suddenly Harry raises a wand pointing it at Sirius. Then suddenly points it at Snape. "Expelliarmus!" he shouts. Snape soars into the air, hits the wall with a thud. Looking closer I notice Harry is holding my wand, must of dropped it when I transformed.

"Harry, you just attacked a teacher" Hermione says shocked. I think we're all a little shocked. Even Harry, who turns back to Sirius.

"You said Peter before. Peter who?" he demands.

"Pettigrew. He was at school with us. We thought he was a friend" dad answers.

"No. Pettigrew's dead, he killed him" Harry states pointing to Sirius.

"I thought so, too. Until you mentioned seeing Pettigrew on the Map" dad tells him. The map never lies.

"The Map was lying then" Harry says still unconvinced.

"The Map never lies. Pettigrew's alive. And he's right there" Sirius says pointing at the rat in Ron's hands. Of course Ron being an idiot, thought he was pointing at himself.

"M-me? He's lunatic" Ron states.

"Not you, you idiot. Your rat!" Sirius exclaims.

"Scabbers? Scabbers has been in my family for..." Ron starts to say.

"Twelve years. A curiously long life for a common garden rat. He's missing a toe, isn't he?" Sirius asks bitterly. He unfolds a dog-eared clipping from The Daily Prophet: it shows Ron in Egypt with his family, Scabbers on his shoulder. His front paw visible.

"So what?" Ron asks.

"All they could find of Pettigrew was his..." Harry starts to say.

"Finger" Sirius finishes. "Dirty coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead. Then he transformed into a rat" he explains.

"Show me" Harry tells him. Dad hands Sirius a wand, I hadn't realized he'd retrieved them. Dad and Black turn to Ron, who holds the rat protectively.

"What are you going to do to him?" he asks.

"Make him reveal himself, if he's a real rat. It won't hurt him" dad states. Sirius grabs the rat placing it on the table. Both of them shot the spell at the same time before the rat could move. In a flash the Rat transforms into a very short man with thinning hair and grubby hands.

A/N

Gif above of Sirius hugging Remus and on the external link of Harry attacking Severus.