Pets

Virgil's POV:

Roman looks at me shocked, Patton turns curious, and Logan paused the movie.

"Shadow? What shadow?" Patton asked looking around. Logan smiles and pulls him closer.

"Don't worry dear. I won't let any shadow hurt you." Logan says kissing Patton's head.

"You know about it?" Roman moves so that he's facing me.

"Well yeah. I did spend most of my time in her room before we got together." I see Patton still looking confused.

"Shadow is Sofia's cat." I tell him bluntly. He jumps up, eyes wide.

"Cat?" A smile spreading across his face. I nod. He jumps off the couch and books it to Sofia's room.

"Patton!" Logan yells after him.

We all run after him. Roman being the fastest manages to stop him before he opened the door. Roman ran in front of him making him stop. Logan hugs Patton from behind, keeping him there. Patton whines, he didn't like to be force to do something.

"Logan let me goooo. I want to see the kitty." Patton squirms in Logans hold.

"I'm sorry dear, but I can't let you do that." His monotone voice made Patton stop moving all together. Logan never spoke to Patton that way.

"You don't want to awake Sofia, do you?" We tensed at the memory.

~flashback~start~

It was late at night, all of us binge watching Disney movies together, and Sofia had fallen asleep on the floor. We decided to wake her up so she could go to her room. But we didn't think we would get in trouble for it.

"Sofia. Sofia wake up." I said softly, gently shaking her shoulder.

She started stirring, her eyes slowly opened. They suddenly turn black and she sits up. Her eyes fix on me and they narrow.

"What do you want?" Her voice deeper, raspier, and annoyed.

A chill went down my back. Everyone else froze. They had never seen her with those eyes before.

"We-we're going to bed. We thought you would want to too." My voice shaking.

"That's what you woke me up for? Why don't you worry about how worthless you are?" She looks at Roman.

"Or about how imperfect you actually are? Why don't you worry about having to act smart when you're dumber than the rest of us." Logan eyes go wide. She stands and walks up to Patton. He gasps in fear.

"Why don't you worry about all your little problems." Tears start to form in his eyes. She pushes past him and walks to her room.

~flashback~over~

Patton sighs. "No." He pouts. Logan loosens his grip and stands next to him still holding Patton's waist.

"Good." Logan leans in and gives him a quick kiss. Patton smiles but then frowns.

"But I still want to meet the kitty." He whines. I didn't like seeing him frown.

"You can meet mine." I say. His face lights up.

"Really?!"

"Yeah."

"Wait, you have a cat?" Roman asks.

"Yay!" Patton runs down the hall to my room. Logan sighs, and follows him.

"Yes I have a cat, and you and Patton have a dog, and Logan has a bird." He looks at me