Dark Past

Sofia's POV:

Me and Roman have agreed to be friends. Yeah there's the sexual tension but we have both have boyfriends, my brother being one of them so...yeah.

"May I ask you something, Sofia?" Roman asked as he ran his fingers through my hair.

I was laying on his chest since my ribs had started hurting from sitting up. He asked to lay down as well and we slowly got here.

"Depends. What is it?" I smirk on at him and stares back seriously with a hint of sorrow.

"Why are you with him? Do you even love him?" My smirk fell clean of my face.

"You may not ask that question."

"Do you? Or are you forced to? You must be. How could you love someone who hurts you so severly, he who raped your brother?" I pulled myself off of him egnoring the slight pain that flowed through my torso.

"Drop it." I slide myself off my bed as he follows.

I snap my clothes on the head to the door. Just as I open the door he reaches around me a closes it, turning me gently afterwards.

"I will not. Not until you tell me the truth. He hurts you and has hurt others in despicable ways. Why do you stay with him?" I hesitate to answer.

"I know what he's done, what he does, and what he's capable of. But I love him. Because unlike everyone I grew up with, he cared for me. Defended me, protected me. He was there for me and made me strong enough to come out on top. You think I'm the princess because I was born in to it? I had to fight my way to the top. In a world ruled by fear, only the cruel and heartless survive. He helped me see that. I owe him my life, and I love him truly for that." I felt the tears in my eyes, but refused to cry. I took a deep breath not breaking the glare I gave to his eyes.

"Now. If you excuse me, it's dinner time and I'm hungry." I pushed him off and left the room.

Roman's POV:

I felt a tear escape from the eyes. I didn't understand what she was talking about but she had described a life of hatred and cruelty. If that is the life she grew up with, it is no wonder why she would fall for such a person.

A world ran by fear? What does she mean? Maybe I should ask Virgil. Assuming they grew up in the same place, he must have some sort of idea. Or maybe even Liv. They grew up together I assume.

I made a mental note to ask them about it later. I have been away from Virgil long enough and knowing him, he must be worried.

I rid my tear from my face and walked to Virgil's room, where oddly enough, Liv and Virgil are talking. They seemed to be in a very conversation. Virgil gave his full attention to her and she seemed to be very serious and quite sad even.

I chose to let them finish their conversaion and instead headed to the kitchen to help Patton with dinner.

~~~~~~~~

Virgil's POV:

I was scrolling through Tumblr waiting for Roman. Him and Sofia were talking their sweet ass time talking. I want my boyyyfrriieeennnd. I let my hand drop with a pout.

I looked around the living room searching for something to do or entertain myself with. I heard Patton and Logan quietly arguing in the kitchen. Well more or so discussing stubbornly.

"She is not healed enough to be moving. Sitting for more than ten minutes will cause her harm."

Logan sat at the counter while Patton was walking around setting the table and making sure the food didn't burn.