I Think I'm Dying (M.JessexLukas)

Lukas's PoV

I burst into the room, muddy from the dirt and rain. "GUYS! COME QUICK!" I sobbed, making Petra jump up from the couch and immediately run over to me. "What happened?" she asked, turning rather pale. I went over to the couch and set Jesse down, making him hold his arm tightly.

"It hurts." he muttered sluggishly, as Petra examined the arrow in his arm. "This isn't good. That's a tipped arrow of slowness." she said, as Olivia ran over to us. "Olivia? Any help?" I asked, my feelings for Jesse had skyrocketed, and it made me want to just tell my friends to stop wasting time and help Jesse.

"Hm. I don't know-." she said, making me groan in frustration. "Seriously? Just do something.! You're the smartest.!" I exclaimed but stopped when I felt Jesse touch my hand lightly. I looked back down at him and tried to calm down, since Petra and the others didn't know about Jesse and I.

"Ivor. He's good at his potions. I'll get him." Olivia said, running out into the rain, making me wonder if she wanted to get away from me or she really wanted to help Jesse. I looked at Jesse, feeling my heart break at Jesse's broken form. I closed my eyes and remembered.

**********************

"Jesse! Don't let go!" I yelled, feeling the ice shift below us. It was one of those movie scenes but a hundred times worse. Jesse was hanging of the edge, with his hand wrapped around my wrist, shaking from the cold.

"Do I have a choice?" he gasped, his arm trembling just from holding on. I looked at the ice beneath me, feeling it slowly break apart. "I told you not to go back to the Ice Lake Portal. Remember?" Jesse winced, slipping a little because of my shaking hand. "Now isn't a good time for a history lesson, Lukas.! Or a lecture. We gotta get out of here.!" Jesse said, and using his feet to find a foothold on the icy cliff.

Suddenly, there was a sharp sound of an arrow and I looked up, to see a Stray. I've haven't seen one of those ever since the Admin spawned them back in BeaconTown. "Just don't let go. Don't let go." I repeated again, struggling to pull Jesse up for the fourth time.

Another sound of a bowstring made me look up just in time for Jesse to get shot by an arrow. Jesse gasped, suddenly moving sluggishly. "Oh Heckmouth. Slowness." Jesse said, grimacing. "Great. Come on Jesse, try again." I said, trying my best to encourage him. Jesse slipped a little as his feet scrabbled to find a foothold on the thick packed ice.

"Lukas- I can't. I really can't!" he said, after trying for the fifth time. I could tell that he was slowly giving up. "The ice is gonna give in and you're gonna die too, Lukas." Jesse said, clenching his jaw and slowly slipping again, this time, with purpose. "No. Jesse- come on!" I said, reaching down with my other arm. "Lukas. I cant bear.." Jesse's hand slipped a little, making me want to jump down to save him. "I cant bear to take you with me. I don't want you to die." Jesse swallowed and looked down at the mist, far below.

"No one is dying today Jesse," I said fiercely, standing up to get ready to jump down. "Lukas- then-." Jesse slipped a bit more. "Then- I'll see you down there. Just-." Jesse gasped as he slipped and slammed right into a piece of rock. "JESSE.!" I yelled, looking down as Jesse managed to clench the rock. "Just take care." he muttered so softly, I couldn't catch it. And he let go, and vanished right into the mist far below.

*************************

"And that's what happened." I told the others, feeling guilty and ashamed that I couldn't take care of Jesse. That I was useless. Petra glanced at Jesse, who was clenching his fists so hard, they were white. "Please just make the pain stop." he murmured so softly, only I could hear it.

"I cant bear to see him in pain, okay?" I demanded angrily, "Just find Ivor and get him-." Suddenly, Ivor materialised in front of me and seemed to be already taking out a red potion. "Ivor-?" I exclaimed, but everyone else shushed me as Ivor poured the red liquid into Jesse's mouth.

Immediately, Jesse relaxed, but Ivor wasn't done yet. He turned to us, with a worried expression. "It seems that he broke a lot of bones. And apparently is in a very bad condition. Give me at least 2 days."

I took a deep breath and nodded, as if I was the only person who decided to make the decisions. "Okay then, everyone? Out." Ivor said, pointed to the door.

**********************

I sat outside Jesse's door, my eyes closed and listening to Ivor talking to Jesse. I could remember Jesse's voice, soothing and beautiful. But now it sounded hoarse and scratchy. I would've kill myself if Jesse had died. But... I looked up at the ceiling as I heard Jesse whispering softly, his voice broken but I knew what was he saying.

"Lukas."

-End