The Potion Accident (F.JessexRadar)

F.Jesse's PoV

"Side effects would be..." Ivor tapped on a worn out book with a feather quill Lukas would be proud of. "Nausea.. and sometimes, temper tantrums." Ivor shut the book, making me glare up at him. "Seriously Ivor? I can't stay like this forever!" I exclaimed. We were in Ivor's lab, where there were potions of all colour, shapes and sizes glistening on the shelves. And I was super angry.

"Uh Jesse, your temper is showing." Radar interjected, frowning at me. "What- Radar." I choked, making Ivor smirk. "I'll try to whip up an antidote as soon as possible. For now, why don't you try living as a fourteen year old again?" Ivor suggested just as he closed the door shut behind us.

I glared at the polished oak door. "Isn't it weird how we're now the same... age?" Radar spoke up quietly, looking at me with wide eyes. "Oh I didn't realise.!" I exclaimed, looking at Radar with a new perspective. His neat, dark hair was now the same height as the top of my head, so basically, we were the same height.

"What do you wanna do today, mayor?" Radar grinned. "That's funny. The mayor is the same age as me, maybe I can run for mayor?" Radar giggles, making me smile and nudge him. "You're the new Hero in Residence, remember?" I reminded him.

"Jesse!" someone called. I looked around to see Petra standing behind me, suddenly looking extremely taller than usual. "Why are you so short?" She asked, glancing at Radar and I quizzically. "Oh. Ivor and his potions again. He made a age potions which made me into a fourteen year old again."

I could tell that Petra was trying not to laugh as she measured how tall I was using her trusty Miss Butter. "When will you be yourself again?" She asked, sheathing Miss Butter as Radar glanced at me. "I don't know," I admitted, looking at the hard stone floor. To be honest, I wanted to be my normal self again.

"Oh well Jesse. At least you can see things in Radar's perspective now. And besides, you're still the same little Jesse." Petra said, petting my head. "And you're the same height as Radar as well!" she exclaimed. I frowned at her, wondering how could she be so blunt. I didn't want to stay like this.

"I'm gonna rush Ivor. I don't want to stay as a annoying, torturous little fourteen year-." I stopped, glancing at Radar who bit his lip. "Wait- Radar.!" But Radar shook his head sadly, "I- I gotta go somewhere. I'll be back soon." He muttered, his eyes watering as he backed away and ran down the road.

"Oh Jesse." Petra muttered, "You know how much Radar looks up to you. Why'd you have to call him a-." I glared at Petra, who glared right back at me. "I didn't mean to, okay?" I replied forcefully. Petra frowned, turning away. "You're not the only one who wants your old age back. Because right now, you're being immature." Petra finished.

********************

I wandered to the forest, thinking. What if Ivor couldn't make a antidote? Would I ever be my own self again? I glanced at myself in the reflection of the water. No. This was really me. How I was like when I was fourteen.

Two years after the Witherstorm. I was fourteen when Reuben died. But now.. being in charge of a town when I'm sixteen just doesn't seem to matter. All that matters is how much you're worth to your citizens. Do they see you as a hero? Or a little fourteen year old who's immature.?

"Jesse.?" I could recognise that voice anywhere. "Hey Lukas." I muttered, taking out a fishing rod. I always carried a fishing rod whenever I ventured out of BeaconTown. In case I ever needed food, I could fish.

"You know.. you should talk to Radar." Lukas said, sitting beside me as I threw out the fishing line. "You saw him?" I asked, watching as the little bobble floated about. "Talked to him. He was kinda upset." Lukas shrugged, taking out a fishing rod as well.

"I didn't mean to say that you know. It was just a slip of the tongue." I countered, watching a line of bubbles making its way to my bobble head. "All the same, talk to him. We were once immature little puny fourteen year olds." Lukas said as I pulled in the line, catching a raw salmon.

"I know." I said. "And you know," Lukas smiled, his blue eyes twinkling a little at the edges. "Radar has a little crush on you. He looks up to you a lot." he whispered, patting my back and reeling in a raw cod. "He's fourteen, and I'm sixteen. Or I'm fourteen now, anyway." I said, looking at Lukas incredulously. He laughed, making me pout.

"Give him his little wish, then." Lukas smiled. "What?" I asked but he was gone. "Jesse?" Someone called, and I knew it was Radar. I turned and saw him looking at me from behind a clump of bushes. "Radar," I smiled at him a little, remembering what Lukas said.

"I... I shouldn't have run off like that." he said, rubbing his arms a little, like he does when he's nervous. I shook my head. "I should be the one apologising, Radar. You're one my best friends and I can't bear to lose you." I patted the ground next to me as Radar slowly made his way over to me before sinking slowly to sit next to me.

"I suppose Lukas told you that I have a little... crush on you, right?" Radar said, burying his head in his hands. "No he didn't." I said, making him instantly look up and blush. "I'm just kidding, yeah, he told me." I said, making him turn an even darker red.

"Doh- I knew I shouldn't have told Lukas anything!" Radar muttered, starting to cry again. "No," I replied softly, taking his hand and making him look up. "Yknow. Radar. You've been a really good friend to me, and I suppose." I started to smile.

"I suppose maybe I can tell Ivor to not make the potion anymore. I can be fourteen again. For you." I said, making Radar shake his head. "N-no Jesse. I cant do that to you. You'll be-."

I stopped him. "No. I just want you to be happy. And besides," I smiled, feeling a weight off my chest as Radar started to smile. "I've always wanted to be young again.

-End