Listen to Me (Pt. 2) (XaraxRomeo)

Xara's PoV

"At least listen to me ROMEO!" I exclaimed, trying to make myself heard over the sounds of blocks covering up my beautiful city, the forests, the lakes and the blue skies. "No. I've made up my mind, Xara. Which reminds me..." Romeo held out a hand and something shimmered into existence.

A golden gauntlet. "Time to end you. So nothing will ever stand in my way." Romeo lowered himself to the ground and started walking to me. I tried to find that boy I've once known and loved behind those glowing yellow eyes but there was nothing. This was a monster, compared to my old friend.

"You don't have to do this, Romeo!" I pleaded, stepping backwards. With a mighty cry, Romeo swung forward, and hit me, sending me flying. Immediately, I fell to my knees, feeling drained. This was what having your powers taken away feels like.

"ROMEO!" I gasped, holding my side, which was burning from the pain. "Just listen. What happened to you? How did you become like this?" I asked, struggling to stand. Where was Fred? Romeo glared at me, swinging his hand back, "I decided on my own. I decided that THIS was rubbish. Kindness, Love, whatever. The people never appreciated me." Romeo said.

I tried to teleport but was hit by Romeo again. Staggering backwards, I shakily took out my bow. "I don't want to fight you." I raised my bow. "You cant fight me with a measly bow, Xara." Romeo burst out laughing, but I shot his leg with an arrow anyway.

"XARA!" Romeo yelled furiously as I blew a strand of hair away from my face. "You- leave me with no choice Romeo. Stop this bedrocking and we can fix this together." I said. Romeo growled and teleported. I face planted into the ground when he hit me from behind. I was losing my powers fast, my energy draining as well.

"I want you to bow before me Xara. No longer am I that boy you can bully." Romeo said, standing in front of me. "I've never bullied you Romeo. Never." I gasped, using my bow to prop myself up. No matter what, I didn't want to bow down to Romeo.

"No? Sorry then." Romeo swung his arm back and for a moment, I saw his expression change. To sadness. But it was so brief, I almost didn't believe it. However, before he punched me, I kissed him. It was a fast one, and the moment I pulled away, there was a burst of light which sent me flying across the room.

Breathing hard, I tried to stand. "What did you-." Romeo looked at me with horror. "XARA!" Fred yelled, coming up from behind me and splashing the potion directly on Romeo. "FRED!" Romeo yelled, "I'LL KILL YOU TOO!"

With horror, I watched as Romeo leapt at Fred, punching him. "Romeo! Stop!" I yelled, but I couldn't do anything but to watch, since Romeo had knocked all the power out of me. However, Romeo was slowing down, due to Fred's potion. "I'll.. kill you." Romeo unsheathed his sword.

"NO!!" I cried, stumbling to my feet the moment Romeo plunged his sword directly into Fred's heart. Above me, the bedrock finally covered the land. The sunlight couldn't filter through so all that hung around was orange and yellow mist. Around us, people were screaming. But all I could care about was Romeo standing before Fred, who had a diamond sword sticking out of his chest.

"No. He's not dead. FRED!" I cried. My best friend. He's gone. "ROMEO!" but Romeo just turned to me, his eyes full of shock. "You did this Xara." Then I realised that his golden gauntlet was missing from his hand.

I watched as Fred disintegrated into a pile of items, confirming his death. I fell to my knees, shaken. Everything happened so fast.

"Now to dispose of YOU." Romeo raised his hand. "No matter what Romeo," I said, "Whatever world you go to, whatever world you build. I'll always be there to tell you to put that hand down." I swallowed as Romeo swiped his hand to the left. "I hope you like prison, Xara." was his last words to me.

I didn't know what happened after that. All I knew was that Fred was gone. As for that potion, he said that it would make Romeo get sent far away, to a place where he couldn't shape shift. So he would have to travel hundreds of miles to change into a different form.

And I didn't know what happened after that. The world was a dark and cruel place. I didn't want to be- I looked up, to see a brown haired boy with green eyes. He looked young, like a little kid. But also not very young. I glared at him, wondering why was he here. Slowly, he crept up to me and removed my mask.

"Prisoner X?"

"Xara."

-End

(Did y'all catch all those references? The potion? The fact that Romeo had to travel hundreds of miles just to shape shift? 🤷🏼‍♀️🙈) Oh and BTW, keep sending in those ships. Thanks guys ☺️😻💕 Hope you liked this.