The Redstone Heart (2/5)

(Randomly thought about a part 2) 😹 (Warning: there would be the death of a MCSM character here!)

Jesse's PoV

"Calm down!" he said to his friends, who were all panicking and throwing random suggestions around. "But they stole the Redstone Heart!" Olivia said worriedly, "It's important and valuable. And who knows what they could be doing to it right now."

"We know Olivia. Don't need to remind us." Axel sighed and Jesse paced around the map in front of the room. There was only him, Radar, Olivia and Axel in the meeting room. Petra was out adventuring by herself, and Lukas...

Jesse had a feeling that the strange person was Lukas. But he was dead... right? "Boss, what do we do?" Radar asked, holding up his clipboard, where he had scribbled a bunch of numbers and calculations which made no sense whatsoever. Typical Radar.

Jesse sighed, facing everyone. "Looks like we have to find the Heart of course. If it fell into the wrong hands..." Jesse frowned. Olivia raised her hand, "But where do we even start? I doubt we even have enough manpower to pull off a quest like this."

"You probably don't even want us along anyway. You keep running off to have adventures without us." Axel muttered, folding his arms across his chest and putting his legs up onto the table, despite Olivia's complaints.

"Look Axel," Jesse sighed, "It wasn't a choice to leave you guys off like last time.. it was just bad timing." Axel muttered something else as Olivia pushed his shoes off the table. "Whatever it is, we have to go after this person," Olivia spoke up, getting back on track again, "Jesse, what did they look like?"

The green eyed boy frowned, trying to remember. "He was strange looking... with blonde hair and one red eye and a blue eye. He looked really messy as well. Definitely not someone I've seen around town."

"So this person could've been from another town?" Olivia suggested as Radar scribbled down some more notes. "Yeah, that's a possibility." Jesse replied, scratching his chin.

"Let's just explore the woods, there could be something in there which could help us." Axel suggested, standing up and heading for the door without waiting for anyone else. The three of them, Jesse, Olivia and Radar, looked at each other and followed Axel outside, heading straight for the woods.

************************

Lukas's PoV

"Done." Lukas muttered, gently shutting the tiny door of the chip closed. Lukas sighed, rubbing his good eye due to exhaustion. He's been working at these three chips for so long... PAMA's orders and all.

Lukas stared at the broken pieces of the Redstone Heart, watching the fragments pulsing gently against the tabletop. Lukas was hiding in a cave, working away at a complicated machine to bring PAMA back to life. But this time, they were going to be more careful.

They were going to have three large pieces of the Heart instead of one, so if one got deactivated, PAMA would still live. Something he and PAMA had been planning for a very long time. Lukas has already built two beacons for two hearts... but he didn't know why PAMA had instructed Lukas to keep the last biggest piece of the heart to themselves.

And once the last large piece of the heart was activated, the whole town would plunge into redness, signalling PAMA's return and the beacons would activate. A bit too fanciful for Lukas's taste but, well, it was the computer's choice.

Anyway, each of the tiny PAMA chips contained a piece of the Heart, a method Harper had used a very long time ago, which explained why the Heart was chipped in some corners.

"Can I take a rest?" Lukas asked, keeping the pieces of the Heart into a chest for awhile.

There was a long beep as the computer logged off without another word, meaning Lukas finally had some alone time to himself. He immediately relaxed and let go off all the tension he didn't know he had.