Chapter 32.

"I uh- happy birthday?" I said as a question. Joel then shook his head while sticking his hand out to help me up. I accidentally tripped over something making me fall on his bared chest.

"Hey Joel I was- oh woah. Maybe I'll just ask later?" A guy said opening then closing the door. I then stood up correctly now facing him.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have-"

"What are you doing here? I thought you were mad and now you show up at my birthday party hiding in my bedroom? What do you want Cezanne. You're confusing me right now." He said.

"I'm confusing you? You are the one confusing me Joel! I feel so stupid right now. I honestly though that you had something for me. And honestly I have always loved you Joel. I may have not admit that to you or to myself but I do. And Im here being a fool thinking that I actually had a chance with you. But obviously you choose that stupid ass ginger!" I yelled. I looked at his face and he was stared to get red. I have never seen him like this before. I actually was starting to get scared.

"Really Cezanne? You were with Shawn. I always thought I would always be just a friend to you. I hate seeing you with him-"

"I forced to be with him!"

"But you did end up loving him Cezanne! I saw it in your eyes! If you really love me take off that stupid ass hoodie." He said. I glared at him for a moment. I took it off exposing my bralette, then threw my hoodie on him.

"Joel baby I know you're mad but look who OH MY GOD!" I turned around and saw that red headed girl with Shawn and Charlie. I looked at Shawn who looks like his head is about to blow off. I looked at Joel and I see what they were thinking.

"Its not what it looks like." I said.

"Shut up Cezanne." Shawn said now storming out. I then grabbed my hoodie from Joel's hands to put it on. I went after Shawn but Charlie stopped me.

"Just let him go." He said. I then hugged Charlie and started to cry in front of everyone. Charlie then comfort me as I cried.

"Maddie im-"

"Save your apologies. I'm leaving. Its obvious that you're still in love with her." She said. Then I heard her storm out. It was quiet for very long time.

"She said 'save your apologies baby I just got to know'." Charlie sang.

"What?" I said pulling out of his hug and looking up at him.

"Lyric ideas. Sorry." He said. I shook my head and smiled. I wiped some tears that were left in my eyes. I then looked over at Joel who was laying down on his bed with his hands over his face.

"Charlie, um can you give us a moment. Actually here. Go back home," I said giving him my keys, "I'll be there soon."

He then grabbed my keys and gave me a hug. "Be careful." He said then left.

I walked over to where Joel is at and sat next to him. I then laid down next to him.

"Joel." I whispered.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry. It's your birthday. This shouldn't have happened. It could of happen another day instead." I said which made him chuckle. "So. What should we do?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"What should we do about us?"

"I don't know Cezanne. I think we should start over. Let's be friends and see where it takes us." I then turned around now facing him.

"Just friends?" I asked.

"Yes just friends." I then laid back down on my back.

There was just plain silence between us. All you can hear is the loud music coming from the living room. I closed my eyes for a while until I had the stupidest idea to do this. I got on top of him and kissed him. I kissed him again and again and again. I kissed him one more time and this time he kissed back. We actually started making out by now. I honestly don't know what I am doing.