Chapter 25

Hey, how did the training go? Nick was waiting for me the moment I walked in. "Okay I guess." My voice was flat, and I was still confused. Nick saw it too. Are you okay? He asked, his eyes showed worry. What did he do? "Nothing." I said quickly, maybe too quickly. But Nick wasn't the person to dive into my personal matters if I didn't want him too. He knew I would tell him when I was ready. All right... I guess we should go to bed then. I nodded and followed him upstairs. Good night Elena. He kissed my forehead and I smiled lightly at him, though I knew it looked fake. "Night Nick." I closed the door of my room behind me and I fell down on my bed. Sebastian... I sighed deeply. I didn't even know why I was thinking so much. I had to tell someone. Ethan...? No, he would freak out. And I didn't want to tell this to Nick yet. Juliette maybe...? No... Then I knew. I took my phone and quickly dialled the number. Hey Elena! Emma answered after a few seconds. How did the training go? She asked and I sighed. "It was okay... but I am confused Em, really confused." What confuses you? She sounded worried. "Are you alone?" I asked first. Yeah, I am in my room. Why? "Okay... you have to promise me not to tell anyone okay? Especially Ethan." I promise... but you scare me Elena. I sighed again. "Sebastian kissed me." Silence on the other side of the phone, so I continued. "And I don't know what to do. I keep thinking about it and..." Hold on a second sweetie. Emma interrupted me. Did you kiss him back? I blinked. "No, of course not. But I was too shocked to pull away either." And what did he say afterwards? Emma asked. "Um... he said that he would be better for me than Ethan." And what did you answer? "I said I didn't see him that way and that I loved Ethan." Then I don't see what is the problem. Emma said. He did something stupid, but you didn't react to it. "It is not only the kiss. It is everything about him. One moment he is open to me, he shares his feelings. But a second later I feel like there is a massive wall between us." I turned onto my stomach. You know what your problem is Elena? Emma asked and I frowned. You care too much. Sebastian isn't your problem. If he wants to do it the right way, he will do it and if he doesn't... well, that is his own choice. But stop thinking you can help him with everything. He needs to open up for it. I know it is your nature to want to help everyone Elena, but you can't. He needs to take that step. And about the kiss, you didn't kiss him back so you have nothing to worry about. I smiled softly, closing my eyes. I didn't deserve such a best friend. "Thanks Em. I just feel like I betrayed Ethan." You didn't, but let's just keep this between us okay? She said. "Okay. I love you Em." Love you too Elena, see you tomorrow. I smiled. "Sleep tight." I hung up and plugged the charger into my phone. Emma always managed to say the right thing.

A week passed, and Sebastian didn't bring up our kiss again. We trained, we talked about grimm stuff but that was about it. Of course I knew this wouldn't continue but for now it was fine. All right guys, we are going shopping! Emma was too excited. "All right miss Norwood, calm down." I laughed. Aiden, Matt, Emma and I walked to our cars, we would go shopping for the prom of this evening. Or better said, we would collect the clothes Emma had arranged for us. She rolled her eyes at me and we drove there quickly. Emma! The saleswoman greeted Emma warmly. How are you dear? Emma smiled. I am almost perfect. Please, could you show us the results Paula? The woman nodded. Follow me girls, Patrick will help the boys. We left the boys with a man named Patrick while Paula took us to the back of the shop. She gave Emma a dreaded white garment bag. There you go love, go put it on. Emma smiled at me before disappearing into one of the fitting rooms. Paula turned back to me and I smiled shyly at her. I see what Emma means, you have an amazing figure darling. And your skin... perfect. She gave me another bag. This one is for you. Between you and me, Emma loved this dress and immediately chose it for you. I hope you like it. I smiled and took the bag from her gently, walking to a fitting room as well. Opening the bag, I shook my head in amusement. "What is it with Emma and red dresses?" I muttered to myself. The floor-length dress was simple red, with no sleeves. I tried it on, and it fitted perfectly. You look A-MAZING! Emma pulled the curtain away. "Yeez, you could tell me that you would do that!" I laughed. "What if I wasn't even ready?" Emma rolled her eyes at me. The only one here is Paula. I looked her up and down. She was wearing the same dress as me, be it in silver though. "Em, you look gorgeous." I said and she smiled. Thanks Elena. We walked out together and Paula squealed. Oh, you two look beautiful. The boys will be all over you! We giggled softly. But... this dress is also practical. Emma suddenly said. "Practical?" I asked confused and Paula joined in. Do you see this zipper? She pulled some fabric away to show me. "Yeah, what is it for?" I asked. For this. Paula pulled the zipper down and the fabric around my ankles disappeared. The dress became short and tight around my legs, at least 10 centimetre above my knees. See? Emma grinned. Practical. I laughed. "So a long and short dress in one. I like it." Paula showed me how to attach the fabric again and I shined. Emma, once again, had down a perfect job. We changed back and walked to the front of the shop, Aiden and Matt were already waiting with a bag in their hands. I wanted to get my wallet, but Paula waved me away. No, this is a present from mister Norwood. I looked at Emma. "I can't accept that." She rolled her eyes... again. Suck it up girl, my dad already paid for it. See it as a thank you. She whispered the last sentence. Aiden and Matthew went home and I went with Emma to her house. Show me those beautiful dresses. Lorena didn't even let us have time to get in. She pushed us upstairs quickly. Mom... Emma sighed deeply. I shook my head amused and we walked to Emma's room. When we passed Ethan's room though, the door opened and Sebastian stepped out. He blinked when he saw us and I frowned. "What are you doing here?" I just had to talk about something with Ethan. Sebastian looked back. Right buddy? I looked inside Ethan's room. He looked tense, but nodded with a tight smile. I glanced at Emma and she only frowned. Anyway, I will see you girls this evening. Sebastian smiled and walked downstairs. Maybe it was nothing, but this sudden visit didn't give me a nice feeling at all.