Chapter 38

The worst thing was... the whole honeymoon wasn't awful. In fact, I had a really good time. Now Sebastian thought he had won, he turned back into the charming young man who had tricked me in the first place. We went swimming, hiking... we went to clubs and he even took me diving. He was very sweet, never being rough and he didn't do anything against my will. Sad to think that he couldn't be this way all the time. I was just sketching the beach at sundown when I felt a pair of arms sneak around my waist. What are you doing? Whispered Sebastian's voice in my ear and I smiled, leaning against his chest. "Sketching the surroundings while enjoying everything." I said dreamily. "What about you?" Enjoying the sight of my beautiful wife. Although I would love it more if you laid that sketch book away and joined me for a walk on the beach. "Hmm..." I said, thinking. "Should I?" He chuckled. I am hoping you will. "Well." I said, turning around to look at him. "Only because you're asking so sweetly." I kissed him softly and he smiled, kissing me back." Good... He said and I put my sketch book away, taking his hand. We walked for a good while onto the beach, just watching the sea – sometimes a dolphin was jumping out of the water – but most of the time the sun disappearing into the sea. "This is nice." I whispered, squeezing Sebastian's hand. "If we could only live here in Australia." He chuckled. Our home is in Austria now. We are needed there. I sighed dramatically. "I know... but a girl could hope right?" I have a compromise. We could spend each year here on holiday. I am sure your father wouldn't mind that. I giggled. "I'll keep you to that mister Willows, because I can't believe we've already been here for a week." He squeezed my hand back. And we will be here another week, don't you worry. We watched the sunset again, being lost in our own world before we walked back to our cottage. I giggled when he picked me up right before the threshold, he had done that every night so far. "Won't you get tired of doing that all the time?" I said, smiling. Not really, especially because I can now take you to wherever I want to. "Oh?" I asked, grinning. "And where do you want to take me then?" He grinned. I want you in my bed... now. "Demanding type now aren't we?" You married a possessive person princess. He replied. "Hmm... I said and cupped his face, kissing him. Like you said... you can take me wherever you want. His grin couldn't wider and he carried me to our bedroom.

Somewhat later Sebastian had fallen asleep next to me, exhausted and satisfied. But I only looked at the ceiling. Now was the time... I would end my plan in a few minutes, but did I have the guts for it? I bit my lip, somewhat afraid that I didn't feel anything against it. Now just get this over with. I stepped out of bed silently, careful not to wake Sebastian. Thankfully he didn't and I walked over to my bag. Most of the things were packed by some staff... except one thing. I grabbed it and walked back to Sebastian. He seemed so peaceful... so sweet. I sighed softly. What would it have been like if we had found him the moment he began to see the wesen world? Would he have been different? I suppose we would never know... because a second later the blade of my dagger was buried into his chest. The dagger was long and elegant, its hilt decorated with one single stone... a sapphire. Above the sapphire the family crest of the Kronenberg family made the decoration complete. Ironic really, my father had given it to me the day after my first ball in Austria. Sebastian gasped and woke up, his eyes widened. He looked at me. W-Wha... He said, panting. "Save your strength..." I said coldly. I hadn't hit his heart, but I hadn't been aiming for it anyway. Yet I had hit a fatal point, and he would die in a few minutes. In lots of pain... W-Why? He said, struggling to say the words. "Why?" I asked, snorting. "Don't you know already, deep down? For everything you did of course. For thinking I was yours to possess, for lying to me, for manipulating me..." I just sat up straight, just out of his reach. He didn't even have the strength to move, and he was smart enough not to pull the dagger out. "For every time you put your filthy hands on my body, for every time you raping me." I bowed closer to him. "But mostly for Nick's torture... and Ethan's death. Now you know that emotions and your loved ones don't make you weak. They make you stronger in any way possible." Sebastian suddenly chuckled humourlessly. I-I guess... I s-should be p-proud. He coughed up some blood, the sheets beneath him were already drenched with it as well. You b-became a r-r-real g-grimm. He chuckled once more, inhaled... and exhaled for the last time. I stared at him. No, I still didn't feel any regret that I executed my plan so perfectly. And that I didn't feel sorry for ending Sebastian's life.