Chapter 23

Did you hear? Emma was waiting for me on the parking lot and she looked annoyed when I stepped out of my car. "Did I hear what?" I asked her, confused. It was our first day back at college after the Christmas holiday. The banquet with my father and Viktor hadn't been that bad, though I still didn't trust Viktor. We're getting a new classmate. Emma said. "A new classmate huh? And you are annoyed because...?" I grinned at her. Because I think I saw him arriving a few minutes ago and he looks like a total douchebag. She said, frowning. "You don't even know him." I said with a grin while walking towards the coffee shop. I don't have to know someone to know that he is going to be a total jerk. You can see that in his eyes. Emma continued. "All right, you're infected by blue Monday, now stop pouting." I laughed and ordered for the both of us. "You'll get your coffee." That made her grin though and she didn't start talking about our new classmate again. Though her comments had made me curious. I wasn't the person to judge quickly, but I agreed with Emma that looks and energy around a person could tell you a lot about them. Aiden and Matt joined us in class and we were just having a great conversation... when the air in the room changed. I looked up, just to see a boy walk in and I blinked. He was tall, around 6,2... 6,3 maybe. He had brown, messy hair and blue eyes. I had to admit he was handsome, but that wasn't what captivated me the most. It was his behaviour... he scanned the room, like he was looking for danger and his eyes stood cold and dangerous. But still... there was this inner connection between him and me, like... I should know him. Everyone, this is Sebastian Willows. I want all of you to make him feel welcome here. Our study counselor said. What are we, in high school? Aiden muttered and I giggled. Whatever, look at him! Matt whispered-yelled and he did a little pretend swoon. He is H-O-T! Emma rolled her eyes with a grin. I am not sure if he is your team Matt. She jokingly said and Matt sighed. A guy can dream right? I chuckled and looked back at Sebastian again, still confused by this... feeling. He was still scanning the room, his eyes falling on me... and he stopped. My heart skipped a beat and I couldn't look away. We stared at each other for a few more seconds, then he winked and walked past me to his own desk, sitting down. I blinked and exhaled, not noticing I didn't breath for a second. Why would he wink at me? I shook my head. Geez, what was wrong with me?! I didn't even know the guy! I sighed and concentrated on the lesson, although it was somewhat difficult. I could still feel Sebastian's eyes on my back.

Is it okay if I sit with you guys? A deep, muscular voice came from my right and the four of us looked up. We sat in the cafeteria in our free hour, I was busy helping the others preparing for their retake exam from this afternoon when suddenly Sebastian stood next to us. That's okay. Matt said with a smile before any of us could reply. I rolled my eyes invisibly at Emma, and she giggled softly. "Sure." I made place for him next to me. Thanks. He had a vague accent, so I wondered where he was from. I am Sebastian, but I guess you already knew that. He said with a cocky voice, but Aiden and Matt chuckled. Yeah, we do. Matt said. This big guy next to me is Aiden, the sexy blonde girl is Emma and the beautiful brunette next to you is Elena. And my name is Matthew, but call me Matt. He ended his introduction round. Nice to meet you all. He said, though he didn't stop looking at me. I glanced sideways, a little annoyed. I didn't understand why that guy had to stare so much. Despite the connection, it gave me the creeps. What were you guys doing? Sebastian asked. We're going through the course of our retake exam for this afternoon. Aiden said. Do you all have to take it? Sebastian asked and Matt shook his head. Elena doesn't have to. She is a natural. She passed every test so far, and she doesn't even seem to think it is difficult. "Maybe when you would study more instead of shopping that much, that would help a lot." I shot back at him, grinning and Matt grinned back. What can I say... never waste a good shopping opportunity. We all laughed, even Sebastian smiled a little. Where are you from? Emma suddenly asked. I am from Australia. Sebastian said. So you're a long way from home. Why is that? She asked and Sebastian shrugged. I always wanted to travel to America, it was one of my big dreams. And I had to get away there. I don't have good memories there. He looked like he was in pain, so Emma didn't ask further. Sympathy crossed her face, but something in his voice made me shiver, and not I a good way. I suddenly wished that Sebastian was somewhere else. Hey... He suddenly turned to me. If you're okay with that, could you give me a tour around the campus? He asked, smiling. Which only increased my uneasy. "I am sorry, I have other plans." I said, and my voice sounded cold, which made him blink. Emma looked at me, frowning though she didn't say anything. I stood up. "I'll have to go use the restroom." Emma stood up as well. Me too, you boys keep each other company. They nodded, and while we walked away I could once again feel Sebastian's eyes in my back. That was a little rude Elena... Emma said once we were out of reach. "I just feel there is something about him Em. He isn't a nice guy." I said flatly, though I didn't tell her about the connection. "I just don't know why, but I have this gut feeling." Emma remained silent, but I could see she thought about my words.