Chapter 1

“De... Soo-ah, so you think that white suits me better. Is that it?”

“Yes, you look pretty in white and red. But most would be wearing red on prom nights. Since you are always the girl to be different, why not go for white?”

Kristene was talking with her best friend Soo Jin, who had unexpectedly left for America after her accident that she met in the beginning of this year.

Kristene Andrews was the girl who was always the ‘Chip Kookie’ due to the random pimple marks she had on her face. She had finally graduated from high school and now, she had more than enough marks to get into the best Law School in South Korea.

“I will go with your selection then. But is it really nice to have off-shoulder dress?”

“Why are you doubting yourself, silly head?”

“You know, that time when I was having the off shoulder dress on and acted the part of Juliet at the Drama Festival, Yoongi was being ... ”

“.. naughty? .. AWWWW, Krissy is concerned. Do you think that he would kiss you on that day? Of course, HE WILL!”

“... I have not kissed a real boy in her entire life, Soo.”

Kristene was not from Seoul. She actually moved here because her dad got a promotion to South Korea as a main distributor in a vehicle manufacturing company - Hyundai. But things were not good for a long while. When she was in her fifth grade, her mom and dad fell out of love and they got separated. Since then, she hated all the boys. But she had some other reasins as well, which she really wanted to bury and forget. But when Min Yoongi proved to be her father figure, the best friend, the brother, the lover and husband against her conviction that such ideals only existed in fictions, her whole perspective about boys changed.

It would be a lie if she say that Namjoon Oppa, Jimin, Hoseok, Kookie and Tae did not play a part in moulding her ideologies. Jin, who was the boyfriend of Mandy who turned out to be fresh as cherry blossoms in spring, was her best friend in Korea now, as Soo Jin was abroad. Krissy never did dream that her childhood bully would be her buddy. Leave that aside; she never thought that the person she hated the most would be her boyfriend either. Ryan and Sia was the ICT couple at school and they were her besties as well.

“You don’t really need practice. Try kissing a wall and experimenting.” Soo was so casual about it and Kristene was disgusted.

“Bleugh!! Yuk! You did that before you kissed a guy?”

Soo thought for a moment. “Ryan was my first ex actually. We were young back then and did not know anything. So it did not make a great impact and I cannot even remember how we kissed.”

From Soo, who appeared before Kristene through her small laptop screen, she could not see any sense of remorse. Soo seemed happy that Sia and Ryan got together after all. Soo was over with Ryan and she could openly talk with her about her past love life. Ryan was anyway her first love.

“I am from Sri Lanka and though I graduated and I am over eighteen, I am not going to kiss a guy! We did not do it in Colombo!”

“Girl, now you are in Seoul. You found your soul mate and if you do not kiss your date on your prom night, you are missing out one major occasion in your high school life.”

“Fine fine.. I will do something about that. I will somehow evade the situation.”

“You do that and I put my hair into bet. If you don’t kiss Min Yoongi from Daegu tonight, I am going to cut my hair short.”

“What in the world Soo!?”

Was this even a time to bet on a kiss? Soo had such beautiful hair too!