Chapter 2

Min Yoongi was at the flower shop of Jimin’s mom debating whether he should play the romantic boy today or just be Min Yoongi. On one hand of his, he had a fully bloomed red roses and on the other he had several sprigs of lilacs of various colours; pink, purple and white.

There was another boy next to him, who was dressed in a navy blue coat which looked expensive. But it was not Yoongi that cared. He was dressed much like his parallel in status.

Yoongi believed that he should at least show who he actually was on a prom night. Most of the days he had on earth, Yoongi looked like a homeless guy. But today, his suit and everything about him suggested that he was a chaebol or... better.

That guy was running his fingers over a bouquet of what the name card read as ‘carsons.’ Yoongi did not know what the hell was that, but certainly they were placed in the rose section. May be that it was some hybrid variety. Yoongi was not interested anyway.

Finally he decided that he would be Kristene’s Swag Boyfriend Min Yoongi and kept the roses on the shelf again. He just brushed past that stranger.

“Your selection is rustic, but pretty I should say,” the boy remarked.

“Thanks for the compliment. I know what my girl friend likes at least.” Yoongi smirked. The indecision on the bouquet to buy was alike for him and Yoongi.

“Haha, you got me there, I am still wondering what she would like because I still do not know much about her. But I can assure you that my girl is exotic.” The boy laughed. “Your girl must be so unique, just like mine.”

“Mine really is, but I don’t know who yours is.” Yoongi acknowledged his remark. In his eyes, Kristene was the epitome of elegance.

“You better get going then. You must be getting late,” the boy remarked.

“Indeed yes. I should be going. Nice talking with you and have a pleasant prom night. I feel that you are having the one in your school today as well. Yet ... have we met before?”

“That is true; it is quite by coincidence that the things played out like this and we have the same prom day. I do not think that you remember seeing me anywhere. Have a pleasant night.”

The boy bowed and so did Yoongi.

Finally the boy’s fingers landed on the bouquet of scarlet carsons again after Yoongi left and he decided to buy that. He really felt that his girl would like those flowers.

Yoongi paid for the lilacs as he got wishes for a romantic prom night from Jimin’s mother. Yoongi did not like to be teased in real life, but Jimin’s mom was nice and sweet as Jimin and it was she who always helped Yoongi to find lilacs in the oddest seasons. He smiled and said bye to the lady and ran to a gift shop. He never ever learnt to arrange stuff and do them before the eleventh hour.

                             ~*~*~*~

Kristene’s phone rang after a while and it was the missed call that she was expecting from Mandy. Soon she would be here.

She  just blocked her thoughts on the secret admirer’s pranks. May be it was some prowler. She wondered if I should tell Yoongi, but this was nothing to be scared of. But, telling this and keeping the things clear between them seemed to be the way.

Mandy came in as she expected and did her makeup. All Krissy wanted was a light touch of makeup that would not make me look like a person who had had a severe plastic surgery. Despite all the mental torture that her spotted skin gave her, she never dreamt of stepping into a plastic surgeon’s.

Kristene had to love herself enough first to love Yoongi as he deserved.

Her makeup turned her into a milk chocolate and I was so proud of having sun-kissed skin. It made her unique and special. Yoongi, well... he was her snowflake.

Mandy also did her makeup at Kristene's place and Jin was expected to pick her up. Fifteen minutes later, Jin came and honked his horn outside and Mandy ran to meet him. She was indeed pretty. For a handsome guy like Jin, Mandy was his ideal; in looks as well as in qualities. They were much alike now.

Kristene was staring at the mirror wondering if Yoongi would ever show up. It was getting dark.

There was another tap at the door. 

Kristene would not open the door after it was dark.

“Princess, your swag boyfriend of a prince is here. Open up!!” Min Yoongi screamed from the other side of the door.

“And what was the swag prince doing all this while?”

“Well.. umm.. he was out in the meadows to find Peter Pan to tell that he was glad that Pan left Yoongi's girl alone and that she grew up to be a pretty lady.”

“Oppa, you are twisting all the stories. So bad.”

“At least I tried.”

She could see Yoongi pouting through the peep hole.

“ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME DRY OUT LIKE THIS ON YOUR PORCH!” Yoongi finally yelled.

“Shall I sprinkle water? I have the water gun here.”

“I am sure that you would not want to have your boyfriend drenched even before things get started.” Yoongi gave a suggestive cough.

“PERVERT! Wait till I find the water gun. WAIT OKAY! DO NOT MOVE!!!”

“Your humble and patient boyfriend would gladly wait, but my lady, I opened the door already. Can’t you remember that I have an extra key, honey?”

“Oh ... well. I forgot that.” Kristene sounded defeated.

“Are you pulling the door then?”

“But you cannot be shocked or anything okay?”

“Just pull up, I know you since I was in high school. You had always been pretty than all the girls I had ever seen.”

“Okay... your explanation is taken into account.”

Kristene slowly pulled the door and Min Yoongi felt as if all the clocks stopped ticking.

Everything stopped.

She was so beautiful in white.

Just like the lilacs Yoongi was hiding behind him, she was indeed beautiful; and exotic.

×××××××××

A/N :

I am dropping clues. 😉