Chapter 37

“Get me Ji Won and Taehyung on line now. Skype.” Yoongi asked Jimin. “I am going to talk with my parents.”

Yoongi’s parents are just in the adjacent room and as Yoongi left, Jimin texted the group of “Naughty 6” and narrated what happened.

Hobi texted saying that Yoongi would have two engagements instead of one now.

Everyone is in for a ride and Taehyung is so happy that the obstacle that was going to keep him and Ji Won away, is obliterated.

Yoongi knocked on his parents’ room.

“Eomma and Appa, I need to talk.”

From inside the room, a low “come in” is uttered.

Yoongi knelt beside his parents.

“Eomma and Appa, I do not want to engage. I am still not over Kristene and you know how much she means to me.”

“Aww baby Yoon,” Yoongi’s mother hugs him.

“We were really bad to you my love. You did not have to please us by agreeing to marry Mr. Lee’s daughter. Do what is right honey, we won’t be in your way.”

Yoongi looks at his father for approval and he also nods. “You are manly enough to decide what is best for you.”

After thanking and hugging them, Yoongi goes back to his room and Jimin signals that Tae and Ji Won are online.

“You two lovebirds owe me a big thank you and some gift.”

Yoongi says as he sits at his desk.

Tae blushes. “De, hyung-nim.”

“Ji Won, I am really sorry that I was so heartless too. I will talk with your parents and say that our engagement is broken. Then, you try and convince them that Taehyung is of good husband material. But I wonder if he is.” Yoongi scoffed and earned a glare from Ji Won.

“Taehyung Oppa is manlier than you are! You are just a puffy white cat!”

“Well, accepted. You two stay quiet until I talk to Ji Won’s parents now.”

Yoongi dials a number and waits for it to be picked up.

Yeoboseyo, Min Yoongi imnida.”

Tae and Ji Won are anxiously waiting.

“I am extremely sorry that I have to break up the engagement. I am ready to pay the damages, but I also think you should listen to your daughter first. Despite what happens, the partnership between our companies would stand. You do not have to worry about it.”

Yoongi calmly explains it and ends the call. The next call was dialled by Ji Won.

“Eomma and Appa, you know that I hate Min Yoongi and I would not even hesitate to knock the living lights out of him. But I just love, I adore Kim Taehyung.”

As the three are face-timing, the silence on Ji Won’s side seemed ominous and Yoongi feels that his scalp is prickling.

Yoongi writes on a piece of paper and holds it up for Ji Won to see.

“Eomma and Appa, I want to study more and I just entered college. I should not be engaging any time sooner. And even if I enagage, it will never ever be with that loathsome Min Yoongi.”

Yoongi sticks his tongue out and on Tae’s side, he is already praying.

“Okay.” Mr. Lee utters as if he had eaten something really bitter and wants to cough it out. “I am not pleased that our engagement is broken, but I think there are better boys than Kim Taehyung.”

Yoongi could hear Mrs. Lee asking her husband to look at what she has found. He seems suddenly pleased.

“Yes, daughter. Just marry him off or run away and engage. We like Mr. Kim Taehyung,” Mr. Lee says.

Yoongi raises his right brow asking what Tae pulled off this time. Kim Taehyung was the sole heir of the Kim Group and they managed a line of hotels.

Since Ji Won got approval, she ends her call.

Yoongi turns to Tae.

“What was that about, Tae?”

“I have been analysing stock markets and unit price of our shares escalated. It will not drop. We just received a good concrete investment and we are up for the ride. We will be making mass profits soon!”

“AWW MY TAE...” Ji Won is squealing.

“You two make me want to puke here. Good Bye!”

“But hyung, what about the engagement and everything tomorrow? Specially the amasquerade Ball?”

Yoongi taps his chin. “We cannot cancel the invitations we have sent out and everybody would be dressed to the nines at the Masquerade Ball. We can slide the engagement off the table and none would engage tomorrow. To divert the guests’ attention, the Ball should be memorable.”

Ji Won vehemently nods. “It is just a Victorian Ball and does anything exciting happens anyway?”

“That is unless Min Yoongi comes up with some crystal shoe and vows to marry the Cinderella.”

“Cut that off Tae. You know already that only Kristene is the girl I would willingly marry...” Yoongi paused.
“.. at least now in after life.”

Ji Won is rubbing her temples, trying to invoke new ideas. “It would be stupid to have truths and dares, won’t it?” Ji Won starts scribbling on a paper. “How many guests are there?”

“Just twenty couples.” Yoongi says.

“We can deal with 40 people. Don’t worry Min Yoongi. I have it under control. I will get the rest of the boys and of course, my fluffy caramel la- TAE. After all, for once in our lifetimes, we are working together.”

“Marvellous. I will make the media outlets shut up.”

The skype call ends and Yoongi is relieved that he is not marrying or enagaging to anyone. He can just be happy with memories of Kristene. Ji Won and the boys will take care of organising. Yoongi just had to mind his business this time.

But what would be the Hooded Mermaid doing right now?

Yoongi feels a flutter in his heart. But he has not had dinner yet, so he is not sure if his stomach was growling.

He scoops up his phone from his bed and smirks.

Yoongi's bad boy self comes into play now.

××××××××

A/N:

No engagements!!!