Chapter 43

Mrs. Jo had come out into the garden. She already knew that she had to break the wall between Kristene and Yoongi and she was ready to put all her efforts into play now.

She dials Kristene, whom she believed, would be just chilling right now as the kids were at their neighbour’s. Several rings go off and Kristene finally answers.

“De, Jo sajang-nim.”

“Kristene-ah, can you bring the yellow file in my top drawer, please?”

“All of a sudden? Why? We do not have bad fish!”

“Ani... Yoongi and I are signing a contract today. I can say that the whole Jo family line of ours is gonna be saved. So this is crucial.”

“De. I understand. You need all the quality assuarance certificates, right?”

“Yep. It would be a great help if you can bring them now.”

Jigeum?”

“Yes. Right away. We don’t have much time.”

After a pause, Kristene says “Okay.”

“You have to wear that gown you must have bought. Even the waitresses are wearing pretty black gowns. I do not want you to come here in jeans when you can dress pretty already!”

“Arrgh,” Kristene groans. “That is too much work on make-up.”

“No complaining. Just come here.”

Mrs. Jo ends the call and turns her phone off without allowing Kristene to grumble. Now Kristene would have to come anyway. She sneers.

.

.

.

I cannot believe that this is happening!
Am I to wear that dress?
Come on, it was a freebie. An absolutely odd freebie!

I keep the dress on me and take a look at the mirror.

Well, I am definitely pretty in purple.

But should I go?

I plop myself on the bed and face the roof with a blank stare.

BINGO.

It is a masquerade ball. It means that I am gonna wear a mask on my face so that I can efficiently avoid that bucket of mischief, Min Yoongi. The only thing is that I have to find a good enough mask which would cover me well.

I sigh as I select all the jewellery that I am about to wear and spread them on the bed.

After running a bath, I put on the dress and start on my makeup. Aiish, how do people draw eye line so perfectly?

Every time I jab at my eyes, there are unwanted black lines around my eyes and I give up. This is so frustrating!

I opt out for all the fancy stuff and just do my foundation and lipstick. THIS WOULD HAVE TO DO. I am not so perfect, but nearly perfect. I am happy with my whole look and after the pearl drop earrings, I slip on my heels.

Let’s just pray that I do not fall.

Easily I find the yellow folder Mrs. Jo mentioned and I put that in a bag. In the meanwhile, Kim Taehyung is cursing aloud from his room.

“WHO IS THE JERK WHO FOUND BOWTIES!”

I peep into his room after knocking.

“Blame the Victorian era for that, Tae.”

“Blame THE WHAT? This stupid butterfly won’t stay at one place!”

I smile. He is still a baby.

I keep the file on the dressing table and tie his bow while he pouts for the whole of two minutes.

“Kim Taehyung, why are you looking at me like that?”

“Just that Min Yoongi is lucky.”

“Why?”

“You do ties perfectly.”

“Oh. Thanks.” I giggle.

“You did not tell me that you are coming to the Ball, Krissy. i did not think you were the Ball-type person.”

“Mrs. Jo needs this file, so I have to hand this over to her. But wait ... if you are going as well, you can give this to her?”

That is an option that I had forgotten all the way.

Taehyung bit his bottom lip. “We have a boy thing happening, so I cannot wander around and find my aunt, you know.”

Boy Thing?”

“Yes. A Boy Thing.”

It really does not make any sense to me. “But she said she would be around the kitchen ...”

“No but-s Krissy. We are bound by .. OATH to attend the Boy Thing with full heart and soul.”

“What are you even doing?”

“Someone used to say that it is Old School Magic.”

“Could that someone be ...”

“Min Yoongi. The magic is LOVE.”

“But .. you are not gay or anything.”

Tae crosses his arms. “It has something to do with love and..”  He pushes me out of the door with the file. “Off you go.”

Definitely weird.

I hail a taxi and arrive at the massive parking lot of the hotel. The Grand Monarch stood majestically on the land and it really looked like a mini heaven.

I walk towards the entrance and my locomotive system decides not to move.

In front of me, I see a boy in tuxedo, with a matching white coat and black lapels. Is that a black and silver necklace that is hanging across his chest?  Yes, and the unmistakable silver hair.

Min Yoongi.

Oh dear, I swear ... he is drop dead handsome.

I know that I am too late.

I just should have scanned the area before. I am such a fool!!!

WHAT'S

My heart keeps screaming until ...
...

His eyes met mine.