Chapter 48

Ji Won gets the mic from Tae and speaks.

“That was indeed emotional. Now our stage is actually open for our host of the day, Min Yoongi to speak a few words.”

I descend the stage with mom and when I was turning towards my seat, Ji Won wakes her voice.

“Kristene Andrews, would you please remain on stage?”

What do Min Yoongi and I have to do on stage?

As Yoongi ascends the stage, Namjoon appears and slides in a tiny box into his coat pocket and whispers something. Yoongi looks baffled, but he walks towards the centre of the stage.

He takes the mic and inhales a deep breath.

“Kristene-ah. our story has not been like the perfect fairy tales that you used to read when in middle school. Don’t ask me how I know your reading list. It is because I tailed you for a long time and even read what you read.”

The crowd giggles.

“But let me assure this. I will ensure that you are going to have the fairy tale now onwards. Eversince you came into my life; dissing me since day one, annoying me from the very second we had eye contact, I ended up loving you and you brought all the stars of happiness back into my black sky.  You were the moon that always rose with me every night. Even on new moon days, when people do not see you when you are sad, I see you and I really like that you share your misgivings and suffering with me and I am glad that I found you. I am proud that I can make you happy and earn those frisky giggles."

“Kristene-ah, we are not the same, we are from two countries, two different cultures, colours, philosophies and religions. But what mattered to us was finding the balance between us and loving each other for the unique features like your sleep-talking too. We might not be the perfect couple on the face of earth, but if you are happy with me, I would love to be with you forever.”

“I have no doubt that you would share both my happiness and sadness, you have proved it all too well and ...”

Yoongi is stopped by me.

“Yoongi Oppa,  ... I know that you will gladly share my happiness and sadness as well. We are the two ends of the rainbow that finally found each other on some other dimension where we saw each other’s real selves. I am happy to stand beside you.”

Min Yoongi scoops up the tiny box and comes in front of me.

“That brings to my point here....”

The world is on slow motion.

Am I drunk? I did not even touch champagne.

Does drunkenness transmit like an air borne virus?

Could it be that I am drunk because of Min Yoongi?

Why is he kneeling in front of me?

... Is my shoe off?

“Kristene Andrews, will you marry me?”

Is my heart beating? I am not hearing the usual thump anymore! Am I in heaven?

I can see a shiny diamond ring in the tiny box with an infinity symbol.

Can this be it? Is he proposing?

What do I do?

I kneel on the floor beside him and hold his hands with mine.

Min Yoongi’s eyes are looking for my answer earnestly and it is written all over my face.

I brush his hair that had fallen on his eyes and kiss his forhead.

We have no ideal roles here. It is not like it is the boy who kisses the girl on forehead. Even the girl can do it. We are for each other.  We protect and cherish each other.

And now we are going to be one.

“I will, Min Yoongi.”

With my response the crowd stands up and claps.

We made it this far.

Yes. This is our forever.

×××××××××××××

A/N:

Are uwu clocks are working? 💜💜💜