Chapter 25

"Yes, more likely dead only if ..."
Yoon starts to sip the cup of tea Jin brought and Hobi still is confused so much that his lips are forming his unique triangular pout.

"...only if Donghan finds out that she has not intaken enough pie to kill herself. But the berries I supplied to the kitchen are not lethal if not consumed in a large amount." Yoon finishes.

"Being the bird eater she is, I think she only had a little and may be she is in a concussion now due to the poison," Jin rubs his eyebrows as he says.

"I assume so as well. Let us just pray that she is alright."

"But at this rate, if she recovers, won't Donghan perform this Memory Change on her?" Yoongi glances at Yoon questioningly.

"Donghan is persistent. He will definitely carry out what he has planned. She will probably recover in a couple of hours."

"So even if we crash into Donghan's lab which is already a 4 hour drive from here, Donghan would have performed the test on her, right?" Hoseok who was silent as a statue asks.

"Yeah, she would wake up in another hour and you boys have a clock ticking upon your heads. It is better if you gather the seven of yours and Ryan and get her out. Her chances of escape all by herself is zero. Donghan built his lab in a fool-proof design following the directions of Mr. Robert Anderson. He is a scientist as well as an architect."

"Arasso. Let's get going and get Joon and the rest on our way… and what about you, Seungyoon?" Yoongi inquires.

"I am off to the States right now before Donghan hunts me down. I just want to help him and save Kristene. She was the victim all the way along. Please save her." Yoon pleads.

"We have to save her. There is no other option," Hoseok says.

"This is not a ocassion to have options, Hoseok! Get Jimin and my pickup truck here. And pack everything you need and we go save her!"

Jin is excited about the little adventure they are about to have, but Yoongi is grave about the situation.

"Seungyoon-ah, kamsahaeyo." Yoongi stammers. "I hated you so much in middle school days, but you are my saviour now. Thank you for everything."

Yoongi awkwardly hugs Seungyoon. "It is okay Yoongs. We were little then and these issues were not stuff that we actually dreamt of. Go find her." Yoon pats Yoongi's back.

"Arasso. Have a safe flight and we will do our best to keep Donghan off the radar for you."

"That is a big help. See ya."

With that Yoon sprints out of the house and Jimin parks the pickup outside the house and honks the horn.

Since Hoseok already had his Bag of Emergency stuffed with all sorts of multiplugs, chargers, torches, snacks and maps; everything and everybody was ready to go.

As a last note, Yoongi lifts his table cloth and retrieves a picture.

It is a picture of him and Kristene on the prom day, which was photographed by Tae.

Both of them were looking at each other; confused, yet beautiful and full of love.

With a sigh Yoongi puts the picture in his jacket pocket close to his heart.

In the meanwhile

"Get her heart beat steady!!"

"More liquids! Tranquilise the effect of poison. HURRY THE HELL UP!"

In my subconscious I can hear doctors screaming over me. Well, that meant something bad - I was still alive.

Cannot I at least kill myself properly?

Despite that the beeping machines around me begin to have a consistent melody. I am going to to be okay then. But is there any use of being medically healthy when it is my heart which is so bedridden?

"Aiiish … I thought I lost you princess," Donghan breaks the line of docs that was forming the barrier around me and kneels down beside my bed.

"How could you even think of leaving me. My heart ached so much!"
Donghan brushes the strands of hair that had fallen over my eyes and gently plants a kiss on my cheek.

"Dont ever leave me okay?"

Now wait… I am supposed to hate Donghan, but I find my heart melting for him.

It is hard for me to tallk and with few raspy breaths, I finally manage to break the silence that surrounds us and the sobs of Donghan.

"Yah pabo .. you loved me that much?"

Donghan responds with a nod.

"Loved you so much that it made me mad, Krissy."

"But you could .. ask me out than going to these lengths, don't you think so?"

"Hush … only small lines okay? You should not be talking much."

"Pabo."

"Me? NO YOU!"

Donghan playfully sticks his tongue out.

"I have not forgiven you for hurting me anyway Donghan."

"I know. That is why I wanted to change your memories and try and be happy with you."

"That is stupid."

"Love is blind anyway," Donghan replies.

"Did not you ever think that what you were doing was wrong?" I inquire.

"Do you think that I had any other option? I know Min Yoongi from middle school days as well. The two of us always got into fights over this and that in our areas. Especially about the members and the area boundaries. We kinda had an underground pack of boys then. But I also knew that he was a major flirt and he treated girls as objects."

"Now what makes you better than him anyway? You treated me as an object worse than any girl could feel and I literally laid my life down to help you and what did I receive from that?" I scoff.

"You wanted to own me, Donghan. Even if it was virtual, I did not want to be laid. I just did not! I did not love you! You were just a friend who was about to commit suicide and I was the bigger fool to help you out in that sense."

"This attitude of yours was the trouble for me all the way, Kristene." Donghan is stiffening. "I wanted you. Yes. And I still do. That makes me better than the jerk who ditched you for an edited photograph!"

"What do you want me for? Though you scold Yoongi for objectifying women, you are still doing that in worse ways than him. I loved Yoongi and from his treatment I never felt like a toy in his hands."

"And now you ask me why I am doing this to you. Quite audacious, eh?"

"Yes, I would like to know."

"I think I love you."

" Love?? You are wrong Donghan. It is only lust."

Donghan walks away at my response.

He is still the confused teenager who cannot diffrentiate his emotions and for me, though Yoongi was irrational, he was better at classifying his emotions.

Love and lust are way different and it is a pity that many confuse the two.

×××××××

A/N:

Double update.

😂

Love you all!!!