Chapter 19

“Wakey wakey!”

God, why am I still alive?

“It is no time to sleep Kristene. Look what I brought for you!”

Donghan asks his minions to bring in a veiled object.

“This cost me a lot too. Wide angle, HD screen ... good mega pixels and .. aiish, there was a lot of info, but after all, this is the newest edition of flat screen tvs!”

“Why did you think that I might have any interest in life?”

“Because, it is interesting to watch drama.”

“Film yourself and watch. You are already a walking bag of drama to me.” I snap at him.

“Oh, stop being salty. Just wait until I put this on okay??”

As Donghan presses a button, the tv comes to life and the scene reminds me of a familiar place.

Yoongi’s Home.

“You goddamned idiot! Why are you filming them?”

“Don’t you see Kristene. You missed him so much that you even want to starve yourself to death than being mine. So, I am being generous.” Donghan smirks.

On the screen now I see a delivery man in a hoodie. He runs towards Yoongi’s doorstep and rings the bell while keeping a parcel on the doorstep and vanishes into the thick fog that was enveloping Yoongi’s house. The street lights look blotted; from the position of the camera, this is in Yoongi’s lilly pot. After a while Yoongi appears on the screen, followed by the rest of the boys and Ryan.

“What is it Yoongi?” Jungkook asks.

“Dunno, have to open and see. There is no sender’s address. I guess it came from a private courier service.” Yoongi replies.

“Open it carefully then,” Joon suggests. “Tae, bring a torch here.”

“Let’s go in,” Jin says and with sparks the lights go off from the trip switch.

“Whoa ... What is happening here?” Joonie Oppa is indeed puzzled.

.
.

Donghan turns to me. “Admire my genius brains, the sparks were pretty right?”

“How many leagues do you think you are off your mind Donghan? You will not get anything from this!”

“Hush.. let’s watch. The climax did not come yet.”

.
.

Yoongi opens the box. I can see that all the boys are around him and even with  dim torch light, I can see dark circles under Yoongi’s eyes. They look puffy and red. Everybody looks so tired and Ryan was trying to suppress his yawn.

“We looked for Kristene everywhere. We even checked at her grandma’s home in Sri Lanka, but it has already been a month since she went missing. We lost her cellphone signals at Raventree itself and Kookie found her phone and no CCTV has captured her on tape. I wonder what made  her disappear like that,” Hobi says.

“What he says is true, may be at least this box would give us some clue. But after all, the police came up with nothing and they assume that she is already dead.” Tae sighs as he says this.

With trembling fingers, Yoongi opens  the box and Tae flashes his torch into the contents of the box.

The light lands on a picture of Jungkook.

And there was ME.

But I do not remember a day of such an incident or being photographed.

What is happening?!