Chapter 7

“OMG, I just can’t believe it!!!! You just brought Holly all the way!”

Kristene was so happy that she could just cry.

“I remembered how much you loved Holly, so I thought of bringing him. That would just make our date perfect.”

“Paw-fect.” Kristene giggled. Holly jumped into Kristene’s arms and cuddled. It seemed that Holly was really sleepy.

“At times like this, I wish I were Holly.” Yoongi smirked.

“Well, you are a boy, so you can’t be Holly. That is obvious, silly head. But who brought Holly? When we came to the prom, Holly was not there.”

“Hobi.. He got Holly. Nowww... we are supposed to be on a date.”

“Ah yeah.. I totally forgot that.” Krissy smiled sheepishly.

Since Holly was stubborn and did not want to leave Kristene’s arms, Yoongi had to lay the blankets and arrange the setting. The sky was so clear and Kristene could see so many constellations up above. The lake that lied beside had rhythmic waves and the way they lapped the shore was aesthetic. Min Yoongi knew the best places for dates. Kristene smiled to herself. She really had an awesome boyfriend.

After Yoongi set the chips and the BBQ chiken on plates he went back to the car again and brought two wine glasses and a strange bottle. Kristene was amazed. She did not drink usually, but an occasional champagne was all she had. It was because champagne had a soothing effect, but she was hundred percent sure that dark red colour drinks are going to put her into hot water.

Yoongi saw that Kristene gulped. He sat beside her.

“This is not western wine. You don’t drink that wine, do you?”

“That is true, but what is this drink?”

Bokbunja-ju.

“Now what does that mean? Wait I will try naver. Genius silly Yoongi.” Kristene smirked.

“It is actually fruit wine made from black raspberry. Now this bottle comes from Jeju.”

“We did not have raspberries in Sri Lanka. But we had so many wild berries. Waaah, I used to run to the little thickets and get the berries. Have you drunk nectar from flowers? I have done that too. I wonder how butterflies do not get drunk. Nectar is just so sweet unlike anything.”

“You are really weird. Do you drink Lilac nectar too?” Yoongi was teasing Kristene.

“Aniii.. just that I lived in a village. I don’t drink anything like that because I don’t really trust my alcohol tolerance.”

Yoongi thought for a moment. “My tolerance is a bit high and I only have a mini bottle. It won’t get me drunk. You eat the chips and chicken. If you want, we can have ice creams on the way.”

De, arasso.”

“I love this place. It just calms me,” Yoongi said as he poured his wine into the glass.

“It is indeed pretty. There are so many stars tonight as well. I have read romantic fictions a lot but, I know that we should have kissed by now, yet I am afraid. True that I am not in my motherland anymore and I am supposed to adapt to the new environment I am living in. But things still seem alien. I am so sorry for taking so much of your time.”

“I know about Sri Lanka. South Asian cultre is really different from South East Asian Culture. But here we are, two cultures, two countries, two religions and the two utterly different people are in love.” Yoongi beamed a radiant smile.

“That is true. I never thought I would love a foreigner.”

“But hello, I am not a foreigner. You have dual citizenship, so I am a native to you as well.”

“That was smart Min Yoongi.”

“Tell me another star story,” Yoongi said as he dipped his hand into the packet of chips.

“Yaaah, that was the last piece!” Kristene yelled.

“Well, you stuffed your little stomach with hordes of chips. I will take the last one.”

“Hmm, okay then.” Kristene did not argue.

“So a star story ... Can you see Orion up there?”

“Hmm, yeah... What about him?”

“He was a young man, a hunter. One day when he was on a hunting trip with his two dogs, he met seven beautiful ladies...”

“Could have been me and my six boys in the past,” Yoongi chuckled.

“I said LADIES! ... So he wanted to catch them. You know that Goddess Hera protects maidens at times right? She is God Zeus’ wife. So she created an ox and a crab. The crab went and bit Orion's foot, slowing him down. The ox defended the maidens and stood in front of them. So in the sky, Orion is trying to attack the ox. Lady Hera sent them to the sky as constellations. There are many versions of the story. But this is the one I know.”

“You know so many things. Our babies will love you a lot than loving me.”

“You even thought of babies? We just graduated from High School, Oppa.”

“But early family planning is the best.”

“I won’t argue. As you wish, anyway.”

Kristene wanted to try the wine, but she was afraid of herself. But she could trust Min Yoongi, she was assured that he won’t harm her in any mean. She laid sleeping Holly on the blanket. Yoongi was pouring the last of the remaining wine into his cup.

“Yoongi-ah, do you tink it is okay for me to drink it?”

Yoongi blinked twice before regaining his wits. “What? You wanna try this?”

“The bottle is almost over. I will be having the dregs, so I don’t think it would affect me a lot.”

“Are you sure?... if you are really sure, then I will let you.”

“Yep. Give me.” Kristene took the cup and pored it all in and drank it all in one shot.

“DEABAK! You just had it all in once.”

Kristene’s face was distorted. It tasted so sour and she wandered how Yoongi managed to drink such things. After a couple of seconds, she could see Yoongi in the kaleidoscope view. Different Yoongis were going round and round. Wow. This was exactly why Kristene avoided red or dark drinks. They always made her really tipsy in a single shot.

She felt her mind loosening. She could also see Yoongi asking if she wanted to go home. But all she wanted was to fly. But she did not know why she wanted to fly. So she batted her eye lids hard to gain her consciousness again. No matter how hard she tried to look away, her glance always landed there. The whole world was beginning to rotate so hard.

All her consciousness was on Min Yoongi.

Her consciousness was on Min Yoongi’s lips.

××××××

Hello, lovelies!!!

Sorry for the late update!

You can be annoyed with me.