Chapter 51

Epilogue

The delivery boy set his baseball cap on his head after he removed his helmet and stopped his scooter. He had many deliveries to make, but this was the most odd delivery he had to do today.

The address said that it was the Central Cemetery of Daegu.

It was still morning and he actually did not worry much about having to go to a graveyard.

His task was clear, but really odd.
He walked passing tombstones, until he found the ones he was looking for.
The tombstone had two names on it and the epitaph read;

Here lies
Min Yoongi
as he composes an eternal love song to his love,
Kristene Andrews
who is beside him
as she smiles at the song.
The Happiest of Forevers.
26. 09. 2079

The boy laid down the wreath of flowers next to the tombstone and paid respect. The lines made him smile. The couple would have been so pretty to behold.

He got a crumpled brown paper bag from his back pocket and followed the instructions. He was to open the envelope at the site and read it aloud.

My Dearest Krissy and Son-in-Law Yoongi,

Please forgive this father for being unable to attend your wedding and congratulating the both of you. But I was there, not at the front, but beside the crowds of guests.

You both looked really happy with each other and I know Krissy made the right choice in marrying the guy who made her so happy. My little girl was always the best, but Min Yoongi, you were not that good at grades, were you?

The delivery boy laughed. This is funny. But he kept on reading.

When the wreath is sent to you, I would be dead, unless I would have found a way to not die with aid from science and technology. But I do not want to mess the natural balance and I would go when I am called. So, this would be sent through my trustee whom I had entrusted with several work to be done after my death. Giving you flowers is one.

I should have sent flowers after your marriage, but I was not physically doing well either as I was exposed to radiation a lot. Doctors say that I have developed a cancer too. I also did not want to surface in your life again after what happened, Krissy. I feel really sorry that it was the only help I could do and you survived the blast. The hounds of Donghan were on look out for me, so I had to lie low and not form any contact with you as well. I confirmed them that you do not remember a thing about what happened in that island or that you know me.

So this letter would be read by one of the delivery persons, on a fine morning as birds chirp about. I wish that all three of us were alive. I wanted this to be read when I am gone and when you are gone too. I had to do everything to protect my child from any harm from Donghan’s hounds. If this is read now, it means that we all lived happily and monsters did not come at us again.

I am sorry that I could not be the awesome father you wanted. I really regret that science became more important to me than my own family and I made a huge mistake. I will never forgive myself for that. But, Yoongi ... thank you for taking care of my little flower and loving her so much.

I love you two. May god bless us all.
Saranghae.

With Love,

Robert Andrews.

The delivery boy had his cheeks being dampened by tears. It was involuntary, but he felt really sad but again happy. All of them found their happiness.
He got back to his scooter, set his helmet and drove off.

He was still in University third year and delivering items was his part time job.

Today was really important to him. He had to hurry.

He was going to confess.

He had to meet his crush, Min Soohyun  today.

........................

Shepard Tones are tones that seem to end, but that do not end.

It can be either dark tones or delightful tones.

But Yoongi and Kristene encountered so many dark, resonating tones in their lives. But there was light at the end of the tunnel. They were happy together and dispelled the darkness that tried to cloud their lives as a thick fog.

Eventually, they found the happiest tones in their lives.

Their song is eternal.

And you are reading it now.

This does not end here though; the happy shepard tones would go on and on, to be read by generations to come.

- THE END -

×××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N:

Dear ARMY,

I loved writing this for you and I feel sad and so happy!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

The story is 90% real and I wrote my life story so far. But I added BTS in it.

The thing is, I found it hard to accpet my past, my mistakes, the darkness and the black marks. I could not move on. But ever since I began writing and became an ARMY, I found a huge family that supports me and understands me. I am so glad that have found you. BTS saved me.

I enjoyed writing both Unsung Melodies and Shepard Tones. Thank you for supporting both the stories. The love and support you gave me, also instigated hope in me. I have now accepted myself and above all, I love myself. ☺💜

Despite what happened, I would improve myself. I will work on and be successful. Thank you for never letting me walk alone, ARMY.

Thanking you over and over again.

I PURPLE YOU! 💜

With Love,

Kumudika Perera.

Min Yoongi for you

Min Yoongi for you. 🌸

I added a collage that I made for my birthday on 01st of November

I added a collage that I made for my birthday on 01st of November. Hehe. 😁 Hope you don't mind. Love you all!