Chapter 5

As the DJ party began after the dinner, everybody coupled and started to make it towards the dance floor. It was Jimin and Ji Eun who went there first and Jin and Mandy followed the happy couple. All of their friends went to to dance. Tae and Hope including Yoongi and Krissy were left.

“Hyung, why won’t you go? You are better off than us,” Tae grunted.

“That is right. We are the only two who could not even find a date just because there are less girls in our high school,” Hoseok said as he fiddled his thumbs.

“Hoseok hyung, shall we date ourselves then?” Tae offered a bright idea.

“Are you that mad Tae? I would rather go and dance by myself.”

“I was just suggesting,” Tae was apologetic.

“But you two have to go. There is no reason for both of you to evade it,” Hoseok said.

“Stop keeping up hopes, Hoseok.” Yoongi was not interested in dancing at all. He just wanted to be next to Kristene and away from crowds.

“I am your Hope, J-Hope.”

“Doesn’t make any sense to me,” said Yoongi as Hoseok pouted.

“Aigoo Hope, my boyfriend is really salty. I will call you Hobi, okay?”

“De... that is our Kristene!” Hobi chirped in a happy note.

“Oh, JEON Jungkook!” Tae yelled as he pointed at a couple.

“DAEBAK SOO JIN! I thought she left for America!” Krissy just could not help byut think aloud.

It was really my best friend!

“DAYUM THIS TRAITOR... YAAAH SOO JIN!” I brushed Yoongi’s hand off mine and walked towards Soo to give an earful.

“JUNG SOO JIN, I FREAKING THOUGHT YOU WOULD ROOT IN AMERICA!” Kristene yelled as the music was too loud.

“I JUST LANDED YESTERDAY. I DID NOT WANT TO COME, BUT My second love ACTUALLY ASKED ME OUT. PLUS, I WANTED TO SURPRISE YOU!”

“What?” Kristene mouthed.

“DE. LET’S TALK.” Soo Jin excused herself from Jungkook and dragged me to a corner.

“Daebak.. I am finally seeing you after a long time Soo!!!” Kristene hugged Soo so tight and Soo ended up coughing as she could not even breathe.

“So how do you like my surprise, Krissy?”

“I should say that I was really surprised.” Kristene scoffed. “So you pulled up a nice act in the morning helping me to pick a dress... aiish how are we even friends?”

“De.. I wished I could tell you, but I just wanted to surprise you. Mianhae..”

Gwenchana girlie!!! Now tell me about this Second Love business,” Kristene urged Soo.

“Well, you remember that I liked Kookie when he was in middle school, right? That was when you left for a new school. I just liked him and met him because we were home room lesson partners, but I was really afraid to let anyone know. You know that his parents are so rich right? So, I just did not want to have any trouble and he finally asked me out to the prom this year. After I broke up with Ryan, I did not even think that I was ready for another guy, but in front of Jeon Jungkook, all my prejudices, just melted.”

“I am so happy for you Soo. I really hope you two would last long.”

Kristene was so happy. Soo Jin was a really good and a kind girl who resembled an angel. For a girl like her, Jeon Jungkook was the perfect match. Kristene did not feel any sadness stinging her heart because it was from her, Kookie’s first asked out and she rejected him. Instead she was happy that Kookie had finally found someone who would reciprocate his love. She was already impatient to know Kookie’s side of the story, but she thought of giving it a break. The new couple needed time to be together and Kristene would do anything to cheer them on.

“Let’s save the details for later Soo. Now go, Kookie is waiting for you there. I just feel that tonight would be the best night in your life as you finally found the guy who deserved you.”

Kristene hugged Soo and let her fly into Kookie’s arms. They were cute.

“Yah Kristene Andrews. Why are you drooling over other couples? Did you seriously forget that you have a handsome boyfriend and that he was getting lonely already because you just left him alone for a while?” Min Yoongi was annoyed.

“Yoongi-ah ... mianhae. I just saw Soo after a long time.”

“It is okay. I know that she was the only girl you could rely on when you were bullied. Why not invite the boys and girls to a home party next weekend so that we can catch up on what we missed?” Yoongi suggested.

“Oooo, Oppa is a genius. I like it, let’s do it.”

“Yoongi Oppa, jjang jjang man bong bong.”

“Aiiish this boy...” Kristene playfully pulled Yoongi’s nose.

“So, may I have the next dance, Miss Kristene Andrews?”

Kristene was quite taken aback. But who cared if she could dance well or not? With Yoongi, her insecurities and imperfections did not matter to her at all.

“De, you may.”

With her response, Yoongi pulled Kristene to his embrace on the dance floor and they just danced as the music soothed the young hearts.