Chapter 23

"CapD, her heart beat is not consistent. We have to get expert help soon, we cannot- WE CANNOT hold her for long."

The muffled voice of my personal doctor can be heard.

"Aish... Who the hell supplied berries to kitchen?"

Donghan is yelliing about.

"We cannot spare time on that if you want to save her! Call Mr. Anderson!!!"

Donghan takes out his phone and dials the said doctor's number.

"Yes. Kang Donghan imnida. We need your immediate help. I will send my personal helicopter to fetch you .... yeah, right now. Yes, thanks I will send for you quickly."

Donghan asks Jinwoo to get the helicopter and fetch the doctor. I am still in my half conscious mood so though I am paralysed, I can still hear what is happening around.

"Where is Yoon, Mino?"

"He is on leave."

"Well, I never gave him permission."

Donghan squints his eyes... "unless.."

Third Person POV

Joon takes the box in which the photo was in and closely examines it.

Kookie is exasperated and he is drinking soju like fish. He silently blamed himself for everything that happened. Ryan is desperately trying to hack into cellphone networks to track Kristenes phone signals, but every line he finds stops close to Raventree. There is practically no way to pursue and he feels as if this search is going to be useless without further evidence.

Tae is biting his pen, while turning the photo around. But he also knows that the photo only proves Kookies innocence and that will not help them to find where Kristene is.

"Guys! Over here!"

Joon has meticulously unwrapped the box.

It says, 'You are smart that you opned the box inside out. But you will not find her.' Joon says.

"Does not the handwriting remind you anything?" Tae raises his brows.

"Yes, Kristene said that she got a bunch of weird looking red roses with a note attached," Joon recalls.

"And she had seen the very same roses at Raventree when she went to look for me too. Jimin told me," Kookie says.

"Then, the weird roses, the handwriting and the night camp are all interconnected!" Joon clicks his fingers.

"You are also lucky that I took a photo of that note which was lying at Yoongi's home,"
Tae says as he smiles his winning smile.

"And since the guys must be from the astro night camp, let me bring the participant forms that the participants filled by themselves. Phew... finally I can be glad that my room has each and every paper I collect," Kookie says sheepishly.

"Tae and I will analyse the handwriting on the box and the note Krissy got and Kookie and Joon, lets match handwriting. First give Tae and myself ten minutes to see whether the two handwriting samples match," Ryan says.

"Good, we can find traces now. Boys, it is gonna be a long night."

Tae sits down on the floor with a couple of tracing papers and pencils that he had found from Kookies room.

"I will call Jin and update him then," Joon fishes is phone out of his trouser pocket and dials Jin's number.

In the meanwhile

"Min frikkin Yoongi, stop drinking!"

Jimin says as he snatches away the glass of soju Yoongi was going to swallow in.

"Drinking will not help you, you goddamned idiot!"

"What am I to do Jimin-ah? I trusted her so much... I guess too much ..."

Yoongi's eyes are red and puffy and his hands are trembling.

"So what are you going to do? Kill yourself?"

"Any other option you can serve me?"

"You are not being funny Yoongi. We have to find her. I do not think she and Kookie cheated on you."

"I dont know what to believe in either, Jimin-ah. I am, so confused."

"That is why we should join Joon and try to find her. Even if she is dead, we at least have to find her remains. She was our friend, Yoongi."

"Do you think I do not know that Jimin? I had only her and she turned her back on me. SHE .. SHE knew that I only had her."

Yoongi is about to cry.

"Do you think she had anyone else that cared about her Yoongs?"

Jimin kneels down near Yoongi.

"She only had us. Her mom and sister think she is non-existent and they had had a funeral for her already. But we are different Yoongi. We know who she is. How loyal and adorable she is. And everyone of us know that for Kristene, she could only see you. Just you."

Jimin pauses for a bit.

"Ever wondered why she loved you so much? I felt as if she wanted to be with you in a way a normal girlfriend could not. I don't know; at times, she was acting like an eomma to you though it looked funny to me at that time. But still, her love was really special Yoongs, you will not find anyone like her ever. She loved you more than anyone ever could. May be because she saw herself in you. Whatever the reason it is, she will not ever cheat on you. She just cannot do that. She is too loyal and too damn sincere to a brat who directly saw her as a betrayer as soon as the brat saw ....

Jin barges into the room. "... AN EDITED PHOTO."

Jin completes the half sentence of Jimin.

"WHAT?"

Jimin throws a quizzical look.

"It is a marvellous piece of edit. Joon just called me and told. I just think we should head there as well," Jin says.

Jimin nods in assent.

"But this idiot is too drunk."

"Wait until he gets sober then. I will ask Joon to facetime if it is urgent."

..

"I ASKED YOU TO GO AWAY. YOONGI CANNOT COME."

Hobi is screaming at someone at the door.

"It is about Kristene," the unknown voice replies and Hobi stands stoned.