Chapter 31

It has been more than six months since I was with Jo family. Working as the cashier is exciting as well as challenging. I get to meet different kinds of people – short ones, tall ones and of course, short tempered ones.

Today, Mrs. Jo asked me to pick Seung Ho and Ji A from school as one of their cousins was to come and visit them.

Mrs. Jo did not have many relatives, but she busied herself in the kitchen so much that we thought that she is going to throw a feast for the guest.

I bought a paper from a news stand and was reading it until the bells at school went off.

The paper said in the front page, “MIN YOONGI TO BE ENGAGED IN TWO DAYS.”

The title does not interest me as gossip was the thing I cared next to nothing about.

The journalist is babbling about the inheritance this Yoongi was to get and the total net worth of his when both Min and Lee groups merged. The girl he is to be engaged to is filthy rich and she is attending a college in America. The article also boasted of a picture of the couple. Yoongi looked smug and Ji Won looked overly excited.

Chaebols.

I was thinking about the couple when I was brought back to earth by Ji A’s voice.

“Eonni, you would like Oppa a lot.”

“Which Oppa are you talking about Baby Ji? You know that eonni has no namchin.”

“Ani, our OPPA.”

We are already at home and Seung Ho had excused hisself to run a bath.

After a while, Seung Ho who is approaching us added more information. “Hyung is our halmeoni’s second oldest grandson. We are the youngest.”

“So did not he ever visit you before?” I am curious to know.

“He comes around every six months and eomma stuffs hyung with so much food.” Seung Ho bends and whispers in my ear. “Every time he is arounds, the girls along the coast go mad for him. Hyung is so handsome.” Seung Ho giggles.

“SO... tell me more about your Oppa, Baby Ji?”

“Oppa has a beautiful voice. Even the seagulls love it. He plays guitar .. and his name is..”

.
.

“Taehyung. KIM TEAHYUNG.”

I hear a manly voice at the door which is almost rhythmical and I feel myself swooning over his voice.

PPALLI! Baby Ji and Seung Ho-ah, I am hiding!”

“He is just our Hyung. He means no harm nuna!” Seung Ho says.

I look at Ji A for help. “You know that I am not good with boys.”

“But oppa would take care of that. He is not scary at all. He will cure you of your shyness around boys!”

I can hear Taehyung shuffling towards the kitchen and Mrs. Jo cooing over the boy.

Am I really ready to meet this person?

NO.

I WANT TO RUN AWAY.

But these two kids are holding me down.

I hide myself behind a wall and look at the boy who is turning his back to me, examining my coat.

JEEZ MY COAT!

“Whoa, your sense of style has changed so much.” Taehyung says.

“Ani, that is not mine. It belongs to a girl who came here around six months ago. She was drifting in sea and Seung Ho was the one who saw her. You can remember the explosion at Hongdo right?”

Something clicks in Taehyung’s throat. I could see that his adam’s apple was bobbing up and down in nervousness.

What does he know about the explosion?

Mrs. Jo continues. “We were really amazed that she was not Korean, she had chocolate skin.”

Taehyung’s eyes are about to pop off from his sockets.

“Just do not tell me she is Kristene Andrews.”

Mrs. Jo looks so happy.

“YES! Kristene. I don’t know about her surname and there was no need to find her surname. She is a nice girl. He had lost her namchin at the explosion.” She sighs.

“Oppa knows our eonni?” Ji A asks as she hugs Taehyung.

He stammers and nods in the affirmative.

“Where is she now?”

Ji A was feeling helpful. “Seung Ho Oppa is holding her down. We ship you two now.”

Ji A giggled.

“Kristene was my best friend’s girl friend,” says Taehyung as he turns to Mr. Jo. “Heard of Min Yoongi?”
Mrs. Jo nods. “He is engaging in two days. The best hotel along this coast is booked for the occasion and I am the proud supplier of seafood for this engagement too.”

“BINGO.” Taehyung says. “Ji A-yah, take me to Kristene.”

I am overhearing it all.

When was I Yoongi’s girl?

When did I know Taehyung?

Wasn’t my boyfriend Donghan?

××××××××××××××××

A/N:

Three updates in a row!!!

Don't forget to like and tell me what you think in the comments too.

BUT OMG YOONGI IS TO BE ENGAGED!

Love you all. 💜