Chapter 17

I walked back to our tent and started to ravage my bag for the box of matches. The dim moonlight made the tree shadows long and it was already freaking me out. I heard a random hoot or two from the owls in the woods. But to my conscience, these were not scary, only the people were.

“Aiish, where is it?” I muttered to myself as I knelt down on the ground to get my clothes out from my bag.

May be the box had fallen into my bag.

That is when I smelt something weird at my nostrils. It was surely not barbeque, but something else. It was strong and acidic and it made me feel drowsy. The next thing I knew was that I was awkwardly sleepy...

... and I woke up here.

=========== ******** =============

I do not know how many days I have been plastered to this cold steel bed and I don’t know who took me here.

But why am I here in the first place?

There are lots of machines around me and I hear people talking about the “subject being conscious.” The occasional beeps were too monotonous and I still feel a bit drowsy.

“Cap D,” I hear a familiar voice, “Kristene is up.”

“Doc, can I meet her now?” A more familiar voice inquires. He surely is too familiar as if I had met him someday in my past. Strangely it sounds like Kang Donghan – the boy from that Astronomical Society who showed utmost curiosity about my existence. He is the person Joon Oppa warned me about as well.

“Yes, you may. Her vitals are stable. Too bad that Sic got more chloroform on her face,” the person scoffed.

Yaah doc! I was in a hurry. It was not like she came to stay in the tent for eternity, giving me enough time to get hold of her,” the person who was supposed to be Sic says.

“Enough of that you two. I am going in,” Donghan says.

“Good day, Miss Kristene Andrews,” Donghan says as he bows, “Do not you believe that we have met before?”

The theatrical light is directly on my face and I cannot even see him properly. “I am Kang Donghan and I -”

“Let me go.” I say with the most disinterested voice I have.

“Unfortunately you are not here to go, sweetie. You are here to be mine.”

“Do you think I am object to be passed around? To be made yours?”

“From the sound of your voice, you are really healthy now.”

“I do not care about that you see? All I want is to be out from this hell hole!”

“Shuush ... do not tire yourself out. None can hear you after all.”

“Let me go, Kang Donghan! What business did I ever have with you?”

“You do not remember?”

I glare at the audacity of this Donghan.

“Look, I remember that you are the creepy guy from that Astro Society and that is all. You are not even acquainted with me so what the hell? If Yoongi finds you-”

“He won’t.” Donghan cuts me shortly.

“What makes you so assured?” I trusted Yoongi with my life. “He will find me.”

“But not in here.”

“I -”

“Shut up Kristene. You are already driving me mad. Cannot you behave like the good girl you used to be?”

Donghan says as he picks up a scalpel.

“.. As I used to be?” I am puzzled.

Does he know me even from before?

“Let me help you recall...”

“I don’t want your help.”

“But you have no choice. I am doing this to make amends!”

“People do not tie up others to offer apologies! What are you? A psychopath? Look I do not -”

“Dee. Remember?”

“Dee..  what?”

“You have to remember me,” Donghan says as he comes closer to me with the scalpel. “I had your life in my hands and even now, I still do.”

He drags the knife on my wrist that was plastered to the bed. I wince in pain.

“Such a tough girl you are,” he says as he brushed my bangs to a side. “Still the same I met in Junior High.”

I grit my teeth. “Get this heck off me!!!”

“I am Dee, the boy you met on SNS chatroom years and years ago. Pity you do not remember me,” he whispers in to my ear. “Dee was just a profile name. I am Donghan.”

“But the Donghan I knew was sweet. He never harmed me like this.”

Blood is oozing out of my wrist. But I still keep my hard face on.

“Everybody has a side which they do not want to show to others, Kristene. This is my true self. Under the skin of the kind boy who helped you out, I lived and when you moved away back into your old school, can you even tell me how insane I became?”

He holds my face and kisses me crudely despite all my writhing.

“Bad girls have to be punished, and your punishment begins now... In fact it has already begun now.

He drags the scalpel on my other wrist as I finally loose it and scream in pain.

“Let’s play Kristene. I missed you so much.”

Donghan pats my head and leaves the room.

It is coming back. My worst fears are breathing into life.

The shepard tones - the tones that seem to end, but the tones do not end.

The tones were my screams. My own monsters.

Kang Donghan is back.

And he is mad.

××××××

A/N:

HAPPY KOOKIE DAY!!!

I am three days late, but nvm. Couldn't say this when I uploaded a chapter on 1st of Sep. 😋 Mianhaeeee 😭

Donghan is really bad right? 😐