Chapter 40

In the meanwhile:

“Yoongi-ssi, I am looking for a dress for my niece too,” said Mrs. Jo.

“You have a niece?”

Min Yoongi had a gut instinct that the so called niece of Mrs. Jo is not related to her at all. May be she is kind of adopted in the Jo household, but Yoongi had his doubts. He also found the Hooded Mermaid around the shore in front of Mrs. Jo's house and in the dreamy moonlight, she looked pretty tan too.

“Yes, sort of,” replied Mrs. Jo.

“How is her skin, Mrs. Jo?”

“She is more like milky brown chocolate.”

Yoongi could clearly remember how pretty Kristene was in white and gold. But that was her chocolate colour. There was a dress of lilac purple and cream and Yoongi could not stop but eye it.

Mrs. Jo had been following Yoongi’s eyes.

“Oh, do you think it would be pretty on her?”

Min Yoongi was brought back.

“Yes, indeed. She would look pretty in that.”

In the back of Yoongi’s mind, he could imagine Kristene wearing the very same dress and looking so gorgeous.

“Indeed yes. This would be so pretty! You do have quite a taste Min Yoongi-ssi.”

Yoongi blushed a bit. Even Kristene would have teased him about that.

“Oh, there is a sale on kids clothes! I will just run there and pick up something for my two babies too... but she would be out at any moment...”

Mrs. Jo hesitated.

“I will give this dress to your niece. Don’t worry.”

Mrs. Jo’s eyes lit up. “You are just so nice!”

Yoongi bowed. “Shop as you like. I will take care of this.”

Mrs. Jo patted him on the head and flew to the discounted side.

.

.

.

“Aish, this niece is taking so much of my time. Why is not she out already?”

Yoongi bit his bottom lip as he mused this aloud. He shifted his weight to his left, trying to maintain his composure and resisted the urge to bang on the door and ask what she was doing inside the fit-on room for an eternity.

He nervously checked his rolex.

Wow. It had just been five minutes.

He had to meet his media crew to ask them to handle the engagement uproar in the news.

Just then he heard the door lock being turned and her stepping out and gasping.

Right, she had wanted her aunt to be here instead of a guy.

Well, surprise sweetie!

.

.

.

After he handed out the dress, he just received a coarse "thank you."

Well, that did not concern Yoongi a lot. He had important business to attend to.

.

.

.

Kristene's POV:

I have been standing near the cashier for sometime now. I had an instinct that it was not really nice to stand in the face of the cashier and he was an adult male also. So I moved myself to the extreme corner of the counter.

“Oh Miss!”

I hear the cashier calling out.

Well, he cannot be calling me because I am not even in the queue to pay.

To start with, there is no queue at all.

But this person keeps on calling out.

I point myself. “Are you calling me?”

He nods vigourously.

“I do not have money to pay. I am waiting for my aunt.”

Gwenchana ... you are getting the dress for FREE.”

Free?

“This is not even a festival season. I think you are mistaken.”

Aniyo. You are our lucky 100th customer today!”

I take a look around the mall. Did this place already have hundred customers already?

“Oh ... de. Kamsahamnida.”

Why should I interrogate him and push my luck? If it is free, it is just a dress. Go for it!

“Here is the 100th customer voucher,” the cashier smiled and hands me a piece of decorated cardboard. It corroborated his stunt about the 100th customer.

“And Miss, we need to take the picture too.”

Oh.

“Okay ... ”

He presses a button and confetti roll out. In the meanwhile he snaps a picture with me holding the dress and the voucher.

Kamsahamnida. Please shop with us again,” he says as he bows.

I also bow back and fish my phone out to call Mrs. Jo.

As I turn to a corner, I catch the cashier winking. But the odd part is that he is winking at a rack of dresses.

Is he mad?

“Annyeong Jo sajang-nim. I got a voucher and paid for the dress, I will be going back to the Fish Mart.”

“Oh, that is wonderful. I am still choosing clothes for the babies. It is so difficult to choose! But I can manage. Handle the work in the Mart. Kamsahaeyo. Jalgayo!”

“De. Jalgayo.”

I press end call.

××××××××

A/N:

Fishy. 🐠