Chapter 18

“How is she?”

“She is rejecting all the food. Her vitals are not doing as well.”

“That means she won’t stand the Memo-Change?”

“Yes CapD. It will be too risky.”

“But Yoon, you know we cannot be late. We are supposed to make it look as she ran away.”

Arasso CapD, but at this rate, she will either run mad or go into a coma.”

“Did you think I would care?”

“B-but you wanted to apologise?” Yoon who is also known as Sic is puzzled. I can sense it from his voice.

“Yes, I want to make reparations Yoon-ah, but who said that I will be nice like Yoongi? Aiish, being reminded of him sours my mood! THAT BRAT.”

“I see CapD. I will look into her health and try to inject nutrients into her system at least.”

“You better do it Yoon. As fast as you can, remember? The video and edit team is almost done with editing Jungkook and Kristene together. Imagine how much that would make Min Yoongi suffer and break the so called Bulletproof Boys!”

Donghan smirks as he dismisses Yoon.
I choose to pretend that I just woke up.

“Princess, you up?” Donghan asks me while playing with my hair.

“Take your filthy hands off me!”

“But these were not filthy hands back then, remember?”

“YAAAH YOU PIECE OF...”

“Okay okay, I won’t bother you much course you are to undergo a Memo-Change tomorrow.”

“What the heck is that?”

“A simple thing. Something that money and technology can do.” Donghan claps his hands in appreciation of his own cruelty. “Just gonna change your fluffy memories about Yoongi to be about me and making Yoongi your rival.”

“You cannot do that.” I say in a spiteful manner.

Who does he think he is!

“I actually can sweetheart. Just rest now. We have lots of fun to be had tomorrow.”

Donghan waves a bye and blows a flying kiss to me.

Is he that mad? I knew that he is a bit off, but I never thought that he was off his head this much.

My body feels limp against the steel bed that I am tied to and I have tried my best to slide my hands through the manacles, but with the cuts on my wrists that Donghan caused, everytime I tried, my nervous system screamed in pain.

Perhaps dying is better. I have happy memories with Min Yoongi – the only boy I love so much and this nasty brute is going to force me love him.

Sigh.

Cannot I really escape? Am I that doomed to be strapped here like an animal – may be worse than an animal. I knew what was to befall, the Memo-Change as he calls it, is going to change me, change everything about me.
I try once again to slide my hands through but it only makes me more hurt.

I am already hungry, but ... I wanted to die than undergoing the Memo-Change. At least I would die as Kristene Andrews, the real one, not the hijacked one. Starving myself to death was not the most enticing option, but I had nothing else on my table than this.

The doors in the theatre only opens when the staff show their ID cards, there are no windows. You might expect me to crawl through the ventilation passage, but Donghan was smarter than that. He had made the place air conditioned. As he said, there was not a thing that money could not do.

Except buying out one’s true love.

I have only hope that I will be able to resist all the injections and plugs that would be fixed onto me.

As seconds tick off, Yoon is here with the injections about which he talked a while ago.

“I am sorry that you have to go through this, Kristene.”

“I am sorry for myself too, Yoon. Don’t think about it much.”

“Donghan was really nice once, but he is more like a beast now. He knows no limits.”

“I can fully agree with that.”

“I just cannot stop now. Donghan pays for my sister's hospital bills for leukaemia. If I stop half way, she will die, Kristene...”

There are beady tears that are about to fall from his soft eyes.

“I do not want to hurt anyone Kristene, but -”

“- You have no choice too, Yoon. I understand. Just go ahead, I will be fine.” I try to assure him.

“But you will not be okay Kristene. We both know that.”

“Hmm... but life is a whole gamble. Let’s just roll the dice and see Yoon. I am ready.”

“Please forgive me, I have no choice.”

“You are already forgiven Yoon. You are not responsible for Donghan’s actions. Nobody can save him. Even I tried and look what it cost me.” I smirk.

Hana, dul..”

Set.”

The needle pierces my skin with an acute pain. I grit my teeth.

“I am sorry, Krissy.”

“It is okay, Yoon. Look after your sis.”

After the dose, through my drowsy eyes I see Yoon leaving the theatre.
I should battle this evil out too.

I needed to be saved, but at the same time I knew that Min Yoongi, or none would ever find me.

I am my own hero, I will fight for myself.

Min Yoongi, whatever happens, just remember that I will always love you. A part of me dies tomorrow with my memories, but always have faith in love. I never did lie, it was just that I could not tell what was happening in my nightmares.

I am sorry too.

My eyes gradually close as darkness wells up behind my eyelids.