Chapter 39

“It is finally the BIG DAY!”

Mrs. Jo says as she claps her hands.

“A lot of seafood, a lot of money!!!”

She continues her chant. This seems to be the biggest order she had ever got.

“Kristene-ah, you manage the mart today. I am out to help at the hotel. Weird that I got the invitation too, but they need an authentic dish of this coast to be served to the guests. So, I am gonna cook the royal food!”

“Heol! Chukhaheyo Jo sajangnim!!”

“I have the invitation to Mr. Jo and Mrs. Jo, but he can join us from heaven at least.”

She wipes the beads of tears that had pooled in her eyes.

“You can come too. We have two seats. Seung Ho and Ji A is staying at our neighbour’s today. It is fine with them.”

I humbly decline the invitation.

“This Masqerade Ball is really weird.We have to wear gowns.”

“Then how are you going to help in the kitchen?” I ask.

This Min Yoongi was really weird. Did he think this was the prom!!!

“I just have to supervise honey. I have already sent the recepie to them. I just have to overlook and may be after 5 minutes, I am at the Ball again.”

“That is cool. Min Yoongi just had some brains then.”

“But I would be lonely if you do not go.”

“No. I cannot come.”

“If you insist, okay. But you are going to help me to pick a dress!”

Mrs. Jo is indeed happy to be invited for something big.

“Okay okay. I will help.”

But I have my own doubts.

“Mrs. Jo, won’t everyone be chaebols? You know, we are  kind of not ... really of that class.”

“Min Yoongi and his gracious soul have invited several villagers too. He says that he should appreciate us too. We have helped the running of the hotel for so long. It belongs to his family. So there will be around 10 families from the coast. Though we are not in the main affair as he also understands and took into consideration our insecurities that chaebols can give us a hard time, we will be in the garden area.

"He underlines that there will be “NO DISCRIMINATION” too. We will get the same treatment, but we are in the garden. It was our suggestion. Min Yoongi is such a nice boy, isn’t he not?”

I am already in awe but, Mrs. Jo should not be buttering the jerk up!

“De ... let’s go and pick a dress then.”

After a while we are at the shopping mall, searching for a dress. Without much waste of time, Mrs. Jo finds a navy blue gown and it looks so pretty on her.

We are at the cashier when I see the familiar silver head walking towards us.

Damn.

That is the exact moment that Mrs. Jo felt generous and thought of buying me a dress too.

Oh no.

“Krissy, this green dress .. ” Mrs. Jo turns to the row of evergreen dresses.

“Cashier-nim, wait for  a moment. I will buy a dress for my niece too.”

Cashier nods and Mrs. Jo stops near a dark green dress.

Niece? Well played.

Dammit... Min Yoongi saw Mrs. Jo! He is coming towards us!

Kristene, think!!!

“This dress is such a hit. Don’t you think?” Mrs. Jo says.

“Oh, that is beautiful. But I don’t have money.. so.”

“I am using the bonus that I was about to give. You really did well for six months!”

“Ahmm.. okay. Let’s try this on!”

Fifty meteres more. Yoongi is coming!

I grab the dress and scramble into a fit-on room.

Phew... thank God!

I fit the dress on. Personally, I do not like green and I do not expose skin much. But this was my card to escape.
I give myself a twist and look at myself in the mirror. When choosing colours I had to be really careful as I am not really fair.

I check myself on the mirror and choose to show myself to Mrs. Jo and I step out expecting her to be outside.

And I am just greeted by the back of the silver haired boy.

Damn it. HIDE NOW. ABORT THE MISSION !!!

Well, there are no portable teleporters here!

“I guess you are out and I am doing a favour which Mrs. Jo asked me. She is indeed a nice lady and is Tae’s aunt too. She wanted you to try this.”

Yoongi holds out a dress with royal purple and cream colour, which has tiny purple flowers. It has silver work.

“I won’t turn and look back. I am just helping her and I could not say no. She wanted to buy something for kids too. If this looks good, she asked you to go and wait near the cashier. She would be back in 10 minutes.”

Yoongi tries his best to conceal his skin going red. Is the dress bothering him?

But his ears are already pink! Hahaha.

“She told me that your skin is a bit darker and if I tell my opinion, a dress like this would look pretty on you. Stark green is boring. Here take this.”

He tosses the dress to me, still he is not facing me.

I change my voice and say “kamsahamnida” in a rough voice.
He nods and goes away.

.

.

.

I try on the dress and it is really pretty.

Just so pretty.

I feel as if I am his sprig of purple lilacs again.

×××××××××××

A/N:

Why were his ears pink?