Chapter 12

There was a break period from the finals of middle school to the admissions for high school. The time was roughly three months.

Donghan had not seen Kristene for over a month and Jinwoo had told him that Kristene went back to her mother's at Busan. He was so frustrated and was scrolling his social media app aimlessly. The fact that everybody was having fun during the break except him also annoyed Donghan a bit. But he didn't let it bite him a lot.

But suddenly his fingers landed on the strip of friends suggestions.

👩 Krissy Andrews.

Donghan's heart fluttered with excitement. Finally, the break was going to be worthwhile.

He did not think twice to hit the button to send a request of friendship to her. After three days or so of the impatient waiting of Donghan, Kristene finally accepted his request.

👦: “Hey”

👩: “Hi”

👦:“How are you?”

👩: "Doing okay, you?”

👦: “I am fine too. How is the break treating you?”

👩: “There is nothing special, I just work at a cafe these days.”

👦: "I see.”

👩: “Your name is a bit strange. Are you a boy or a girl?”

Then only it occurred to Donghan that his profile name only said Captain Dee.

👦:“I am a boy. I don’t know if you can remember me. We met on your first day at middle school.”

👩:  “I am sorry, I cannot actually remember."

Donghan’s heart sank a bit. But they continued to talk about school and he remarked, “I was the person who helped you to find the Principal’s office.”

👩: “That is quite a time ago. I am so sorry that I was forgetful.”

👦: "It is okay. Never mind then.”

👩:  “What is your real name?”

👦: "There is no use of knowing that because you do not remember me anyway.”

👩: “It is true though.”

👦: "Call me Dee. That is enough.”

👩:  “Okay, nice to meet you Dee. It is not like I have a lot of friends to talk with anyway.”

👦: "I know, you were such a quiet girl at school. Nice to meet you too.”

👩: “See ya.”

👦:“See yah.”

Days passed and the two actually became close friends. Kristene never had felt the need of keeping friends because she felt that she was an alien in Korea. So, Dee was the only friend she had and she began to count on him. They never did meet in person, never saw each other and Donghan also felt that she would despise him if she got to know who he was. So he also did his best to cover his identity.

Donghan did have a previous crush of his : Joy. Joy was such a pretty girl who looked soft as a flower. But indeed, she was soft, but she was a Drosera. One day, Donghan talked with Kristene about Joy. That day, Donghan was suddenly reminded of Joy and his previous love because he had seen her SNS post with her boyfriend, Taemin. So, he just let out all his frustrated emotions in the chat. He wanted to die. True enough, he liked Joy so much, but she never liked him back. He felt as if none loved him. His parents were busy abroad due to some business tour. He did not want to talk with Yoon because he would only scold him, but he had Kristene who offered him some solace.