Chapter 33

I retrieve the newspaper that Tae had shown me.

“Is it the same Min Yoongi, in the headlines?”

I ask Tae who looks blankly at me and nods gravely. “He is going to be married in two days.”

“Good for him.” I cut it flat.

I do feel a pang of remorse in my heart, but if he had chosen to move on without me, who was already dead in less than six months, he could do as he pleased. Isn’t that so?

“Do you need me to ..” Tae begins.

“No. Just let me be dead.”

“But why?”

“If I do remember correctly, when Yoongi saw the photoshopped picture, he just gave up on me. I remember where all his trust went. His rationales just deserted him in the middle of nowhere.”

“You know Krissy ...”

“I do not think there would be any use of that now Tae. If he is going to be happy, let him be. I will live my life in my way.”

The waves keep rolling in with each second and my sigh is taken up by the winds of dusk and it made an ominous shrill. I feel that the world around me is closing in.

“We can still talk to him Krissy. Only I know that you are alive.” Tae insists in blowing my cover up.

“No. I just do not want to go out there anymore. He betrayed my in some way Tae. If he could understand that just like him I also had only him, he would not have done any of that.”

“You do not have to do this Krissy. Please, let us set things right again.”
Taehyung wraps his arms around me. I can feel his heart beating.

“Nuna, please don’t do this. We all love you and we were just stupid and not quick enough to save you.”

I can feel warm rivulets of tears flowing down on my cheeks. “Taehyung-ah, forgive nuna. Do not let anyone know that I am alive. I am good as being dead. Let everyone lead the lives they want. They can be happy without me.”

It still breaks me.

Tae is still hugging me. He is crying just like Seung Ho. I pat his head. “Dongsaeng-ah, shall we go inside?”

Tae buries his face in my neck. “The seven of us need you. Please come back.”

He is not giving up.

I adamantly mouth a huge “NO” and leave Tae who plops down on the sand with a teary face.

I want to run back and take care of the little baby, but I just cannot.

.
.
.

The dinner is a silent affair and Seung Ho and Ji A are also confused. Mrs. Jo seems to have realised the tension in the room and she decided not to pose any questions.

While the night sea screeched at night, I can see all the memories of Yoongi. The traces of Donghan are gradually wiping off.

Me nursing Yoongi who had drunk bleach, the drama we staged, the night camp, prom night and our first kiss.

I want to block these from flowing in. I punch my innocent pillow. I just cannot sleep.

Should I show up myself or should I lie low?

What do I do now?

Does Yoongi love Ji Won?

She is obviously better off than me. Even if I say “hi” to Yoongi, would he give up his engagement?

No. He will follow what his parents say. What if Tae jumps the gun? Do the others know already?

I just cannot sleep anymore.

I open the room’s door and think of getting a tumbler of water to drink. The door meets an unexpected obstacle and that is Kim Taehyung sleeping on the floor in foetal position.

Aww.. baby Tae.

“Taehyung-ah, wake up.”

I shake Tae and he lazily flutters his eyes open.  “Nuna! Are you going to meet Yoongi hyung? Unless you say yes, I will not let you go. That is why I was guarding here all night!”

I ruffle his hair. I just want some water and I chose to play.

“De. Going to meet your Yoongi Hyung.”

With that response, Tae shuffled to a side and started his little rawr and slept snugly.

I smile at the sight and make my way to the kitchen.

Mrs. Jo’s house is on the seashore, almost on the fringe of it. From the kitchen window I can see the moon that is waxing. The ripples of the sea reflects the soft moonlight so beautifully that I am tempted to step out.

I first fixed my night dress and draped my hoodie over it. Since the sand is cool at night, there is no need of wearing slippers.

As I kept walking towards the sea, the sea called me in her whooo whooo” voice. It is pretty to hear someone calling me. I sit on the mossy rocks and put my feet in the salty sea.

It is quite cold and I drape the hoodie tighter.

Breathing heavily, I tried to clear my thoughts.

×××××××

A/N:

Let the fun begin!