Chapter 47

After the warm discussion with Yoongi, he escorts me to the Ball Room and helps himself to a glass of champagne.

I stick my tongue out in disgust.

“What? You could drink on the prom night and now you are disgusted by a candid glass of champagne. Beats me. You are so dual!”

“I can be dual in so many things.” I turn a round in my gown and wink.

“Are you making fun of me, Miss Andrews?”

“Oh dear me. That was never my intention, Min Yoongi-ssi.”

“You are making fun of me indeed. Now, sweetie there are certain things that you should not even dream of attempting. Capital offences do get punished on this land.”

Daebak! Are you referring to the Penal Code or some legislation? I have not seen any offence like, Section 32A Annoying Min Yoongi.”

Yoongi purses his lips in disbelief. “You are playing with me. Like for real?

Min Yoongi is at least 15 cm taller than me.

I hold his coat lapels and bend him towards me.

“I for sure like playing with fire.”

“You better not be testing me, Kristene.”

Yoongi answers in his hooded expression. You know that look.

“I always wondered what a married life would be like with you.”

“Excuse me young miss. How old are you again?”

“Twenty Three. That is a good enough age to engage and I should resume my academics too. The wedding would take time, but engaging is fine.”

“Whatever you prefer. Your wish shall be my command.”

Yoongi and I are talking when Jimin got on the stage.

“Annyeonghaseyo to everyone on this lovely night. Without a doubt, you all are enjoying the Ball now. But right now, we are going to separate the adults and the youth to two sets so that you can enjoy separately. We took your concerns into consideration. I will let Ji Won explain.”

Kim Ji Won, whom I had seen on the paper article appeared with Taehyung hand in hand on the stage.

“Both groups have different interests and tonight had been really topsy turvy. I know that you are confused, but Min Yoongi and I are not getting engaged. Here, I stand with the person whom I love from the depths of my soul, Kim Taehyung and till death does us apart, we will love each other.”

An “aww” went up from the crowd and the elders were ushered into a separate hall by one of the hotel managers.

“Thank you for understanding. Elders can enjoy in the hall adjacent to this hall and here, the youth will assemble.”

Ji Won finished her speech and I turned to Min Yoongi.

“What exactly is she doing?”

“You better ask from her or wait and see. I am no wiser. I knew that she changed the agenda, but I have no idea as to what is up on her sleeve.”

“Okay all the youth here, are requested to take seats and in these bowls we have boys’ names and girls’ names. This is just gonna be a confession session. At times you need some push from your friends to talk to your crush or anyone significant and Tae and I are gonna help you out. First of all, we have ...”

Ji Won puts her hand in the bowl and fishes out a paper. “Park Jimin!”

The crowd went “ooh” and Ji Won asks Tae to pick a girl.

“Julie Andrews.”

Julie?

What?? My sister is here?

Jimin and Julie climb on the stage and Jimin is given the  mic.

“What should I say?” Jimin looks flustered.

“Anything you like,” says Tae from behind.

Jimin pauses a moment to think and brings the mic to his mouth. “Julie-ah, why don’t you give up on Lee Jun Ki on Lawless Lawyer and focus on me instead?”

The crowd bursts into laughter. Julie looks so surprised.

“Well, Park Jimin, if you choose to be on the tv always, may be that I can concentrate on you.”

“And that is why I auditioned for a new musical drama and I have been chosen as the lead role.”

“DAEBAK!” Julie says. “But you are more dear to me than Jun Ki Oppa. He is a celebrity and you are my namjachingu. My eternal celebrity.”

Jimin blushes furiously and nearly falls on the floor.

“That is so cheesy, Julie!!! ”

“You asked for it, Jimin-ah.”

Ji Won appears on stage again and clapped for the young couple.

Tae grabs the mic this time. “Love can come in different forms. But what we mostly focus on is girl-boy love. But it extends beyond that. Even in between family members and even between the friends we found at school. So, Ji Won and I believe that love in any form, should be expressed and this chance goes to the special guest from elder’s hall ... Mrs. Pearl Andrews.”

My mom is here too!?

“The recipient is ... Kristene Andrews.”

Yoongi pushes me and I climb on the stage. I have always been distanced from family on emotional levels and I feel really awkward.

“Kristene-ah ... Please forgive eomma.”

Mwoeyo?”

“I only wanted you to succeed in life and I used to hit you so much and when you failed your scholarship exam, I focused only on Julie, thinking that she would do it all well. Eventually, you became estranged from us because of my own fault. I pestered you about your grades and I did not love you as a mom should have. I was afraid that you would be a wreck like eomma too, that is why I hit you so much when your grades were low. I wanted you to do well in life. But I guess, my way was wrong and I nearly lost my own daughter. Please forgive eomma.”

Eomma, gwenchana. I do not hold grudges. It must have been hard for you as you raised us without appa too. Gwenchanayo.  I am good. Do not apologise from me. I am ever so grateful to you for giving me life. Saranghae eomma.”

Eomma hugs me and I feel awkward, but I let it slide. I normally avoid skin-ship and to be honest, I am having most skin-ship with Min Yoongi and that is it. But I hug her back. It was not her fault either.

We were facing all the hardships in life because of some wrong decision we made in past and we can heal.

As long as we decide that we can move on, we will heal ourselves.

That is one answer.

×××××××××

A/N:

I feel happy! ☺