Chapter 26

“CapD, I do not think it is safe to perform the Memory Change on Kristene right now?” Jinwoo says.

“And if I may ask the reason for that…?” Donghan trails off.

“Mr. Anderson built the system to accommodate a person who was stable on his vitals, where as Kristene is only flesh and bone right now. She is too weak.”

“But still ...”

“Then I think it is better to solicitate help from Mr. Ansderson and ask him to check her first before proceeding.”

Donghan rests his hands on his stomach and sqeezes his eyes shut. He needs the operation to be done and simultaneously, he did not want to lose Kristene as well.

“He is on his way to Hongdo, right?” Donghan inquires.

“Yes, Mino is bringing him here.”

“Then we can seek his advice and proceed. I am not gonna give up now, even if it poses a 99% risk to her life. She will still have 1% chance of survival anyway.” Donghan smirks devilishly at his reflection cast on the crystal glass partition boards.

.

.

.

“Everyone, just get in the pickup with that mess of Min Yoongi!” Jin rambles about in front of Kookie’s house. He has already told Joon what had happened there in Daegu and everybody is determined to find Kristene somehow.

Ryan has been spacing out for a while on the way to Hongdo and he throws an open ended question.

“Yoon said that the architect and the scientist that helps Donghan or who is known as CapD is Mr. Robert Anderson, right?”

Min Yoongi nods in silence.

“So what kind of a relationship would Mr. Anderson have with Donghan, I wonder. Makes me almost curious to hack their personal data files.”

“Then why don’t you hack? We are at a time where we need each and every informaton we can gather right now,” Jin replies.

“I am on it,” chirps Ryan as he makes many taps on his keyboard so quickly and comes up with the information in just an instance. One can really commend Ryan for his hacking skills as though he was not the brightest student when it came to theories and academics, Ryan was above everyone when it came to practical skills. His girlfriend, Sia is always proud of him.

“Mr. Robert Anderson is not a native either. He is a dual citizen and his passport data says that he came here from Sri Lanka.”

“Sri ... Lanka?” Yoongi’s breath is caught up in his throat. “Kristene is from Sri Lanka as well.”

“Could it be that these two had some hiccup between them?” Kookie asks Ryan who simply types on the keyboard in a fast pace.

“Let me dig more Kookie… but him meeting Kristene at some point of life is impossible. She never was interested in scince or architecture. So how come that she met him??” Ryan stops abruptly.

“That is unless … he is Kristene’s father.” Joon casually says.

“GODDAMMIT KIM NAMJOON!” Ryan who has never cursed loudly in his life, drew his cursing wild card. “JUST WHAT THE EFF IS THIS!”

Hoseok who was nonchalantly staring outside the window, thinking about Kristene and her poor heart trying to handle the feelings of betrayal, nudged Ryan aside and read out what appeared on Ryan’s screen.

“He is Robert Andrews, not Anderson. The original passport says he is Andrews. He is from Sri Lanka. The HR files Ryan has hacked from Donghan’s folders say that Mr. Andrews is a father of two girls, one a 96 liner and the other a 00 liner.”

“It doesn’t stop there at all. Look at this picture!” Tae screams.

“Yoongi, can you identify any of the faces here?” Tae points at a black and white picture of a family of four and the elder girl is dressed as a flower girl of some sort and the parents were hugging a baby above the said girl.

What Yoongi noted was that the flower girl had parted her lips apart, just like the way Tae smiles his box smile. But here, the girl was doing it in pure resentment. It gives Yoongi a smile as he recalls.

.

.

.

Flashback:

“I hate lipstick since I was 7, Min Yoongi. Do not even ask me to paint my lips with fish scales! So once when I was the flower girl of my uncle’s wedding, I just did not eat all day as I was afraid that if I eat with lipstick on, it will go down to my stomach with my food and I would die. So that day, I had actually fainted!”

Kristene was trying her DIY professional makeup as she was getting ready to visit Yoongi’s halmeoni’s house. Her childish conclusions made Yoongi crack loud.

“Why don’t you like lipstick baby girl?”

Yoongi asks as he snakes his arms around Kristene’s waist.

“Someone told me that they are made of scales of fish. I do not know if this is true or not, but nevertheless, I won’t paint my lips with fish scales. YUCK!”

“Do you know you look really pretty when you are annoyed as hell? Just your pout makes me want to kiss you until you run out of breath.”

Aiish this byuntae! Get yourself off me!” Kristene wiggled.

Andwae. I will paint your lips in this color,” Yoongi said as he tossed the “iced tea” colour lipstick in his hands. “It looks like your natural colour, so let me.”

“Hmm… okay, just this once.” Kristene said as she closed her eyes and parted her lips for Yoongi to apply the colour.

But what Yoongi did was the exact opposite as he ran his hand through Kristene’s not yet done jet black hair and kissed her for a few seconds and though she blushed beneath him furiously, Yoongi earned a hard slap across his hand.

“You are such a byunate MIN FRIKKIN YOONGI! How am I gonna live after I marry you?”

“Ouuuch! your hits hurt. But … marriage life with me would be really exciting. Don’t you wanna find out?”

Yoongi squints his eyes suggestively and earns a couple of more slaps from Kristene before he runs out of the door.

.

.

.

Yoongi comes back to the world after the flashback of his happy days.

“Yes, that is Kristene. She hated lipstick since she was 7 because she thought they were made of fish scales. When she was a flower girl with lipstick on, she had not even eaten and had fainted. So yes ... these eyes, baby curls on forehead and the boxed mouth as she hated lipstick … it is her- Kristene Andrews.”

“Uwuu … Look who is back now,” Tae playfully hits Yoongi. “The lover boy is officially back and is on his way to save the girl!!”

Yoongi got the cheer of the other seven boys that surrounded him as he scrunched his nose in embarassement.

***********************

A/N:

Hehehe