Chapter 38

It was around 10 in the night and I plop myself on the mattress. Taehyung seems so busy since yesterday and tomorrow is the big day. Jo’s is the official seafood provider to that idiotic engagement. It is gonna be a long day indeed.

I take the phone out of my trouser pocket and set the alarm.

The phone beeps with one notification.

JERK has sent a message.

I let out a frustrated sigh. What? Did he give up on suing me?

I push the thought aside and open the text.

JERK: “Missed me?”

Wah..who does he think he is!

Me: “It is not like you are vital for my existence.”

JERK: “Acceptable. But you still did not explain why you stole my song.”

Me: “First of all, I did not steal it. Someone told me that.”

JERK: “Who is that? Your namjachingu? tsk.”

Me: “Yes. He was.”

JERK: “I see.”

JERK: “Your voice was kind of familiar. Just do not think that I am psycho, but are you related to any Kristene Andrews?”

Now what do I do?

Me: “There is a saying that at least seven people on earth resemble each other.”

JERK: “You do not know her? She can even be a distant cousin.”

Me: “The newspaper today had an in memoriam for her. Is not she gone?”

JERK: “Yeah.”

Me: “I am sorry about her. But aren’t you about to engage tomorrow?”

JERK: “Thanks. I hope she rests in peace.”

Me: “Since you are engaging ...”

JERK is typing ...

JERK: “I called off the engagement.”

Me: “What!?”

JERK: “It is awkward to tell, but I did. I cannot get over Krissy. She was more than just a girlfriend to me. She just knew me before I knew myself. You cannot normally find a girl who can understand you perfectly, but she did.”

Me: “Do you think that she would forgive you for giving up on her when she was about to die?”

JERK: “What do you mean?”

Oh damn. I started to roll the ball.

Me: “Just saying. She would not want her boy to be irrationally jealous and give up on her.”

JERK: “Wait ... how would you even know that I was irrationally jealous? Are you stalking me? That is invasion of privacy.”

Me: “Whatever. Just leave me alone. I have no interest in talking with you and if I ever have to talk on this matter, I will speak to you through my lawyer.”

.
.
.

I throw my phone away and push my face on the pillow.

Should I be forgiving him? It had already been six months. Would holding grudges be of any value at this point?

I sit on the bed and take a deep breath. I should not be childish. I am not a baby anymore.

Let’s be honest. Min Yoongi could not bear to see the photoshopped picture. His instinct was bothered severely. He did not want to see me cheating on him. But if he were rational and followed up others, he would have noticed that it was photoshopped. Could not he trust me a bit more?

My feelings are wounded. He just did not trust me enough. Why?

His mentality is not stable when he is in a trauma. I know that.

So where does this lead me? At the lab, I knew that I won’t have anyone to get me out. But thankfully, my dad did me a favour. I knew that Min Yoongi won’t be able to find me at all. Donghan was not the type to make mistakes.

I did not wait for anyone to save me. I saved my own self. I was my hero.

I do not depend, I take care of myself. I make decisions, I face repucussions.

I take in another deep breath.

Love starts from forgiving.

We do not live that long to hold grudges and pursue those. We are all human. We make mistakes, but unlike other beings, we are competent to make amends and repent.

Yes. I will forgive him.

But I will also just give one good slap also. He deserves that.

I wil not reveal myself. I can just forgive and just be by myself. There is no need to get back to him too. After forgiving him, there is no tie between us. We are really done.

Time to sleep now.

My heart feels at ease.

××××××××××××××××

A/N:

Yeyyyyy 500+ views !!!!

01. 10. 2018

Thank you for all the love and comments!!!

I might not know you personally, but just remember, I love you too.

Special Credits for comments: tw-addict and An9175 💜💜💜 and also Manu eonni.

Feel free to comment. I like replying you!!