Chapter 16

“JEON JUNGKOOK where the hell are you!?”

I let out one last call and thought of returning. I picked up one of the weird red roses to ask Jimin what it was. After all, Jimin’s mom had a flower shop.

“Oh, here she is! Thank God! Min Yoongi was going berserk without you!” Jin said.

“I was out to look for Kookie and Soo. Did you find them?” I was surprised.

“Of course, we caught them in ACTION.” Jin phrased it in such a way that I felt that a lump had formed in my throat and I coughed in disbelief.

“What ACTION?”

“Well, it was big though. We did not even see that coming. After all, this was supposed to be a nice camping trip.”

“WHAT ACTION?” I pressed for more clarification.

“They were just kissing.” Jimin said in distaste.

“JIMIN! I was trying to make her curious and you ruined it,” Jin chided Jimin who stuck his tongue out.

“HERE YOU ARE!” Yoongi jumped on me as sson as he saw me. “I thought I lost you. Oh my god! I just ...”

I did not have any time to prepare, but Yoongi kissed me, quite sloppily in a hurried manner.

“WOW. All the couples are teasing us.” Hobi said in some gibberish language.

Joon Oppa was also sighing in relief to see me.

But why was everyone so worried about me? I was literally one kilometre away.

“Since everyone is here, it is time for our song.”

I was sure that I caught Jin winking at Yoongi.

“Jin, it is already getting dark. Why don’t we set up the barbeque?” Joon asked smiling as he was up to something.

There was a lot of gesture and eye-talk happening around and I was bad at reading them generally. So I thought of letting that pass.

We all dispersed in teams of two. I was with Yoongi, but Jimin was also added tour team for what Joon called “additional protection.” But what was really happening? I had no clue.

The three of us had to find logs for the fire. Yoongi moved quite far from us, leaving me and Jimin. I talked with Jimin in a light tone.

“Do you know what flower this is Jimin?” I asked him showing the scarlet red rose.

“Hmm...” Jimin paused. “From where did you get this? The variety is quite rare around here and this amazingly looks fresh.”

“I found it from the woods when I was walking to find Kookie and Soo. There were several roses on the ground. May be, a collector dropped the basket and -”

“Krissy, Scarlet Carsons CANNOT be found around here.”

“Cannot?”

“Eomma says so. They are really rare and pretty damn expensive. It would cost a fortune to have the amount of roses you might have seen in the woods.”

“But then how did they appear here?”

“That is the problem.” Jimin scratched his head.

“This is not a stupid joke of you guys right?” Usually the guys would prank Yoongi and me so, I thought this was such an instance too.

“I wish it were, but this time, it is not us.”

Yoongi was back with a couple of logs. “Park Jimin mochi boy, why won’t you give me a hand?”

Jimin tossed the rose at Yoongi.

“Have you seen this before? I remember you asking about this after the prom.”

“Yeah,” Yoongi said. “Krissy got a bouquet of them with a note attached and it was not from me. I was not jealous, but the note looked kind of possessive and regretful.”

Jimin waved his head in dissent.

“Try to recall ... you told me that at the flowershop -”

“Oh yeah, there was this guy in navy blue fondling a couple of the same roses at your eomma’s flowershop. He told me that they were for his girl so I did not ask after that.” Yoongi said.

“Exactly. These are really rare and by miracles they end up at Kristene’s feet.” Jimin concluded.

Yoongi’s eyes flashed a weird gleam and it was followed by Jimin with a nod.

“What is happening?” I was already so confused.

“Nothing sweetheart. Everything is fine.” Yoongi assured me.

I wished I could believe that.

Everyting was ready for the barbeque and we were all seated around the bonfire Jin was supposed to light.

Dammit,” he said. “I have not brought matches!”

“It is okay, we can rub stones and get sparks, see?” Tae was getting sparks from rubbing two big pebbles that on the ground.

“But that will take ages to get a good flame,” Jin said. His voice had sunken. Everything was so fine and THIS, was a big let down.

“No worries, I have matches in my bag. I remember stuffing the box in.” I said as I patted Yoongi’s hand. “I will be back soon, I promise.”

“Since the tent is not so far away and I can see you, okay?” Yoongi said.

“Yes, I will be safe.”

But where else would I be safe than with him and with them?

This was the mistake I made. I was not really safe anywhere if I was not without them

– specially not in Raventree.

××××××××××××××

A/N:

How are you all doing btw? I am receiving no comments, so I guess you have forgotten the story. 😁😂 If you have forgotten, I think it is better if you read up this again. I am dropping hints of what is to befall, you know?

Anyways, love you all! 💜 Thank you for reading #ShepardTones.