Chapter 29

The whole world is about to fall on my tiny head and crush me like a bug.

I dart towards the window I had just broken, dragging my limping feet behind me.

I take one last look around.

Where in the world is Donghan?

Is it okay for the girl who is crippled to be looking about for a boyfriend when the end of the world is at her face?

But was he really my namjachingu?

The fire is hungrily coming at me!!

Eottokhe!!!

I sigh as I crawl through the window and the broken shards of glasses scratch me, making my body bleed.

BOOOM!

The second explosion throws me flying into air and following the laws of gravity, I fall.

I have some doubt, I would crush my bones more if I fall on ground, but I am plopped in water.

Yes, right! This was a frikkin island and I am probably in sea now.

The numbess on my legs is giving away, thanks to the upthrust of water and like a silly duck I paddle and get on a plank that is floating about.

I see the lab burning down as the hungry flames engulfed it all over. Several minor explosions go off and with all the deafening thunders, the waves are hit by more dead bodies with every passing second.

Donghan Oppa?

I run my eyes around and eye the lifeless body that was lulling amidst the sea waves.

The dark blue eyes of his did not flutter anymore with excitement.

“Donghan Oppa? Wae .. Oppa, why aren’t you moving??”

Sobs break my voice.

“Oppa... let’s swim back. I can help you. Don- Don’t mind about my legs.  Let’s just go.”

I shake Donghan who makes no response.

Should I hug him? Should I kiss him?

Something keeps telling me that he never was my boyfriend. But at the same time I know that he was my boyfriend.

“O-oppa ... jalgayo.”

I close his eyes.

The bluest eyes would return to the blue depths of the sea.

I am sad to let him float away. I want to hug him.. but I don’t want to either.

My brain is so confused.

What happened to me?

I am already exhausted. So I let the waves that lapped at me to take me anywhere they pleased. I do not remember having a proper family. I did not know if anybody would accept me. Therefore, I thought of throwing my life to fate.

The sun burn down on me so much. I guess it is around noon right now. It means that I have been floating about for at least two hours.

.
.

“Oh, eomma!!! A nuna is in the sea!!!”

I hear a faint cry of a little boy.

“What do you mean Seung Ho-ah?”

“Noooona is floating!”

“Eodiya?” The mother replies.

“Yeogi .. ”

I feel that a little hand is clasping my arm and pulling me.

“Nuna! Gwenchana?”

I flutter my eyes and try to nod a yes, but my body hurts painfully.

“Seung Ho-ah, bring her here. Ppalli!”
I am dragged towards the sea shore and I feel sand beneath me.

“Oh, Miss .. are you okay?”

I do not reply.

“You must be starving. Let’s go and rest first before talking.” The boy’s mother says.

“Eomma, is nuna coming with us?”

Clearly the child was so excited.

“Wae? Are you excited?”

“De. She is a chocolate nuna!”

I smile at the little boy’s excitement. His smile shows his gums that surround his perfect pearly teeth. At that sight, I feel a pang in my heart.

“Seung Ho, help eomma to carry her.”

“DE!”

The little one clings to my right and his mother helps me walk towards a beach house.