Chapter 36

I stretch my hand to grab his phone.

“Are you insane? Dial from your phone!” Tae screams.

“Oh-okayyy ... ” I slurr the words but I am not really sure whether this is gonna work.

Tae says Yoongi’s number aloud and I press the call command.

Few rings go off and he finally picks it up.

Yeoboseyo?” He asks in his raspy voice and my legs go all wobbly.

Get a grip on yourself, Kristene!

I mentally slap myself.

Yeoboseyo, we met at the beach yesterday...”

“Oh yes, the Hooded Mermaid. Yes go on.”

“I am NOT a hooded mermaid!”

“But you looked like one!”

“Why don’t you do yourself and the whole universe a favour and get your brains examined?”

“YAH!”

“YAHH!”

Did I just catch Taehyung grinning at me? I ignore the thought.

“You are the mad person here!” Yoongi retorts.

“I do not want an appointment to meet you. Just sue me!”

“I am still going to save your number as Hooded Mermaid. That is pretty isn’t it?”

“You know what? I have already saved yours as JERK. In capitals!”

“Are you perhaps interested in me?”

“Never in a million years!”

“But you have already saved my number, so?”

“That was for business purposes.” I defend myself. “Since you are going to sue me, this is a sort of a business relationship.”

I can hear Yoongi’s breathing hitching in his throat and I press end call.

Phew.. that was close.

.

.

.

In the meanwhile

Min Yoongi twirls himself on the chair. Her voice just seemed so like Kristene’s. But already it has been six months since she apparently died. Is it possible that another girl from the coast is having the same voice and the same biting sarcasm just like her?

Yoongi runs his hand through his hair.

“What is bothering you, hyung?” Jimin who is sitting on the couch, facing the sea asks in a dreamy voice.

“I just don’t know Jimin-ah. At times I feel that I found Kristene yesterday again.”

Jimin stifled his grin and tries to be serious.

“Hyung, nobody forced you to say yes to the proposal, I am just reminding you.”

“Yeah, I brought it upon myself by myself.”

“So you can call it off too,” Jimin says as he pushes his hands in his pockets.

“I will have to pay damages for breaking the marriage promise since everything is settled between the families.”

“You are Min Yoongi.”

“Yes, I am.”

“I think it is time you hear this as well. Ji Won already has a boyfriend.”

“What?”

A plot twist indeed.

“Ji Won is still dating behind curtains and she hates you to the core. She might even feel like murdering you on the marriage bed.”

“Yes, that temper is unique. But why has she kept silent about it?”

“Her family is forcing her to marry, you see. You made the proposal and the Lee family is not bent on rejecting your proposal.”

“My parents asked me to propose her.”

“The thing is this. If you and Ji Won can come to an agreement, damages will not be a necessary thing. She desperately wants to break off and she loathes you for the proposal you made.”

“That is understandable. So what do you suggest?”

Jimin smiles while his subconscious did a somersault. Joon's brains should be consecrated with offerings for the marvellous masterplan he had spun!

“Get Ji Won reconcile with her parents, and allow her to marry the guy she loves. You either remain single or find your almost resemblance of Kristene Andrews,” Jimin says in a deep voice, never losing his cool.

“Who is Ji Won’s boyfriend?”

“I will take it as you did not know, but it is Kim Taehyung.”

Yoongi’s eyes were so large as if he had just been greeted by a ghost in daylight.

“Kim TAEHYUNG?”

Park Jimin nods casually.

“That is the one.”

×××××××××

A/N:

Who thought that baby Tae had a girl!?

🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓