Chapter 3

“Yaah Min Yoongi, you look like a fish when you hang your jaw like that.”

Kristene became a bit more self conscious and wondered if everything about her attire was on point.

“No, I just ... Kristene...”

“You have seen me in white before. I was Juliet, remember?”

“But this is my Kristene. Not Romeo’s Juliet and I can assure you, Romeo would have ditched Juliet if he had seen you instead of Juliet.”

“Min Yoongi ... stop being cheesy...”

“I am telling you the truth. I just ... don’t know what to say. You are just so beautiful and I don’t know if I deserve you anymore.”

Kristene smiled to herself. Min Yoongi was drop dead handsome in his black suit. Since he was white as snow, the black outlined his features really well. She was shook by her boyfriend’s looks. But Kristene was not the type to compliment people in elaborate terms, but she felt like trying.

“You are dashing in black, Oppa. You are handsome than Romeo in the books.”

“Geez.., thank you. My halmeoni made me wear this. I just did not know what to wear and could not ask you before as it was to be a surprise.”

Kristene pulled him into a hug. He was too cute and she was happy to be with him... at least for a short while until he learns the truth about her.

Yoongi placed his chin on the top of her head and held her close to him. It had been so long since they had this much of skinship at least. Min Yoongi felt it strange, but... he felt calm with her.

He tightened his grip around her and rocked her to and fro. Kristene giggled. She felt like a kid again. When he loosened his embrace, Yoongi knelt in front of her.

“Daebak... are you going to propose?”

Kristene was a bit flustered about marriage still.

“Anii.. close your eyes.”

As she closed her eyes, Yoongi brought the bouquet of lilac sprigs he had got for her. He had hid them in a vase when Kristene was not looking so, now it was the perfect time to ask her out once again.

“Open your eyes now.”

Kristene was melt by the scene already. She felt as if she could cry for happiness, but she held the emotions with in.

“I, Min Yoongi.. vow to look after you and cherish you with all my might in my entire life. I vow to love you dearly and comfort, and support you... and ... dammit, I can’t remember the lines now.” He paused to collect his wits again.

“Will you accept me as your official boyfriend?

Wait... I have more to be added. You told me to wait until we graduated and now we are on the verge of going to the college prom. So I do think that it is high time that you accept me. It is not like you cant shove me off until we get married.”

Yoongi ended his speech with his iconic smirk.

Kristene nodded and accepted the flowers. Tears were pooling in her eyes.

“Yaah... I can reject you, you know? But, I admit; I said that and it is not like I can stay away from you either... so, Min Yoongi, Saranghae...”

Yoongi was happy. He kissed Kristene’s forhead and cupped her cheeks. “I will protect you from everything. Do not ever worry about that.”

“I know, Oppa.”

Yoongi wondered if he should kiss Kristene on the lips but, from the research he had done on Sri Lankan culture, he knew that display of affection was mostly limited to holding hands. Couples did not even hug in public, let alone kissing. So, Yoongi just held back from doing that.

Yoongi’s eyes landed on the bouquet of roses that were on the patio. They were not just the roses you see every day.

“Krissy, what is that?”

“Someone had kept it on my door step. I dunno who sent it, but I received this card as well.”

Kristene showed the card to Yoongi who read and investigated it.

“From the style of writing, I can say that it is a chaebol. Only they use this type of elegant script. The writing is soft and there is no pressure exerted. It is as if he was so calm. But who could that be?” Yoongi said.

“I wish I knew. But I can only understand that he is interested in me and wanted to have me for his prom date. Isn’t it weird? I don’t even know who this guy is.”

Yoongi assented and turned around the bouquet and found the label of the shop.

“The Eden”

Yoongi bit the side of his cheek. It was just their prom night and if he pursued the matter, their night would be ruined. So he decided to call it a day. There is a time and place for everything.

“Oppa, do you know this place?”

“De .. it is Mrs. Park’s flower shop.”

“Park ... Park Jimin?”

“Yes, his mother’s.”

××××××

A/N :

How do you like the story so far?