Care.

His voice echoes through the fresh breeze, reaching your ears at record speed. "Y/N." Bellamy states. You can hear the smile in his voice as he refers to you.

You smile, turning to him when you feel his hand gently grasp your waist. "Hey, Bell."

He admires you, the way your soft smile makes his heart speed up. Your lashes brush your cheeks as he moves your hand to grab his arm, walking past the camps gates.

"And where are we going today?" You inquire, tracing your finger up and down his warm arm.

"The lake." Bellamy replies, knowing how much you love listening to the birds that live in the thick trees surrounding the lake.

Excitement, along with your smile, grows instantly. Bellamy continues to walk a step in front of you, making sure you keep a firm grasp just above his elbow.

"You really do know how to take care of me." You admit, resting your head against his shoulder and he presses his lips to your forehead.

You spend the whole time talking to each other about silly things, telling each other stories, and sometimes just walking in a comfortable silence with one another. You perceive a shift in the light entering your eyes. It's bright, uncovered by the tall trees in its wake.

"We're here, sweetheart." Bellamy takes your hand, aiding you in taking a seat next to the rippling water.

The sounds erupt in your ears and Bell can't help but watch as you smile and take it all in. The low hum of insects buzzing over the waters surface, whispering to one another.

The birds loudly singing songs to their offspring, the sounds of their flapping wings as they pass over your heads. The repetitive sounds of frogs ribbiting from lily pads.

The noise of the wind rustling the trees leaves, bending them slightly with it's strong force. It's all too wonderful. You feel tears begin to form in your eyes, slipping past your lashes and onto your cheeks.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asks, concern washing over him.

"I'm so happy." You laugh, reaching for his hand which he quickly gives to you, "Bellamy, you make me so happy."

He feels his heart swell up considerably. "I'm glad you feel that way, sunshine. I love you with all my heart." Leaning in, he presses a kiss to your cheek and you feel yourself heat up.

"I love you more, Bell."

***

Author: octavia-marie-blake