Chapter Five

Simba saw Pride Rock in the horizon. He knew it was time for Kiara's lesson. He dismissed the rest and stopped Kiara before him. "What were you thinking? I told you you could go out for a few minutes and you get to the outlands? You could have gone anywhere else. And now you wonder why I don't let you go anywhere." Simba ranted. "Well? Don't you have anything to say for yourself? You could've been killed today." Simba interrogated, violating her personal space. "I-I know.." She sighed, her ears pinned flat to the side of her head in disgrace.

"What would your grandfather think? Or your brother? He'd be a father by now, do you think he'd be proud?" He interrogated. "You always bring them up! Kopa would be a father by now, and I don't think he'd be so controlling! I hate you!" She ran off in the direction of the cave in tears. He didn't know what to feel. Should he cry? Smack her? Or maybe give her space and act like nothing happened? Kiara's whined before but not shamed like this before.

_____________________

"You idiot!" Zira spat at her son. "I told you before to kill the royal heir on sight! What do I see? I see you touring her around? Pathetic." Zira cringed. "You think if we welcomed her, Simba would think we're innocent? What an idea and a half for you son of a bitch." She paced. "An idea.. That's brilliant!" Zira began by hesitation. "You think if you get closer to her, then Simba would bless you as her mate and he'd let his guard down! I'm so proud of you son!" Zira trotted off. He blinked in confusion at what happened, the 'lecture' was just a series of emotions targeted at nothing.