Chapter Twenty

Kovu hadn't gotten a second of shut-eye that night, he now paced at the peak of Pride Rock. "Okay.. She needs to know today.." He told himself while he doubted the truth and tried to convince himself to not say anything. The guilt weighed too much on him. "She has a right to know what was about to happen." He inhaled deeply and held his breath. He glanced behind him to see his sister and brother in law smiling at him with the cubs. Only his sister aware of his original plan. The family had left him in peace, and that's when he took advantage of the temporary secludedness and approached Kiara who was making her way outside. "Kiara.. I-I need to talk to you.." He stuttered at Kiara's innocent smile. "Kiara!" Simba's voice interrupted, Kovu's eyes widened of shock.

"I don't want you talking with him." He shook his head as he'd strolled to Kiara's side. "I.. Want to talk with him." Simba smiled. Kovu still stood shocked, 'Get ready to die when you're alone..'  Kovu thought. Simba winked at Kiara for code and walked Kovu away. Nala now stood by Kiara and smiled but soon had to take her obligation of walking with Auni for an hour in the morning.

"My lady?" Auni greeted to take her away.