Chapter Seven

Six months passed, Kopa and Vitani's cubs were now three months old, they had a male they called Clif and a female that they named Nya. As the months went on, the leash on Kiara got tighter and tighter, she wasn't trusted alone. By no means was she allowed to go on her first hunt which had now been delayed for a year.

_____________________

Kiara observed the herd of antelope as everyone was hunting with the lionesses. She envied the cubs that were granted permission to hunt with the others. She began to approach the herd, but she hesitated. Was it worth the praise or possible backlash? She'd already violated enough orders, then another thought crossed her mind. She was a grown lion, it's her right. She should've learned how to hunt years ago.

She grinned and reached forwards. "Not so fast!" Auni pounced by her. "Ugh! Auni!" Kiara groaned. "Hahaha.." He laughed the moment off pathetically. "I'm an adult! I can handle going on a hunt!" She growled. "You remember king's orders right?" Auni lifted his eyebrow in suspicion. "King's orders are that you're the father of my cubs. Still nosebleed section in the friend zone." She rolled her eyes. "Besides, there's been a rogue sticking around here swiping our kills lately. You know this." He'd scolded her. ""Yeah, yeah.. Why aren't you hunting with the others?" She suddenly realized. "That's because somebody is going to fight that rogue. He'll see another lion's face and tremble." He puffed his chest in pride.

She shook her head in disappointment and turned her attention back to the rushing herd which she concluded that the hunting party was targeting this herd. "He only strikes once a day, near the same time.. Late afternoon when the herds graze all day." Auni noted. Something caught his eye. "Is that a tail?" He stared up at a tree and soon a lion pounced from the tree. Thick black mane and dark brown pelt with emerald green eyes, giving a hypnotising illusion in them.

He dropped from a high tree, tackling an antelope and clutched his kill. He did a roll pinning the antelope on his back and tugged as he bit onto the throat. Auni tensed up and clenched his teeth. He'd noticed  quickly and jumped back. They began to roar and intimidate one another. Just when she saw Auni swing, she made a run for it. Kiara couldn't handle watching such violence.

Her father was well on his way, and soon backed Auni up.

_____________________

Kiara stayed pacing in the cave until she saw Auni and Simba step in the cave. Simba had scratches on his hips with Auni having small cuts with minimal blood. "That little rascal's gonna think twice before stepping on my turf." Simba commented to himself. "Father! Auni!" She gasped to see their wounds.

______________________

Kovu left, limping with blood running down his leg and eye. Simba had struck him across the eye. Zira surprised him, greeting him soon after he stepped on his territory. "Who's done this to you!" Zira cleaned off his wounds. "Simba.." He growled but smouldered at nothing in the distance. She looked at his face, gasping but her jaw dropping open soon shaped itself into a wicked grin. "My, my.. Your training's paid off." She ogled his scar. "Just like your father." She chuckled.