Chapter Thirty Two

Kiara dragged her feet against the wet soil. The rain pounded against her like mallets against a drum. She was soaked, in the near distance she saw her Nala, Sarabi, and Laini. She wasn't alone, she couldn't worry. She wouldn't know if she thought it or would say it out loud.

She placed her paws up, against Rafiki's tree. "Rafiki!" She called up. The mandrill rushed to her demand. "Yes your highness!" He stood with his stick. Kiara shook, seeing the lionesses come after her. "Is Kovu still up there?" She swallowed. "No princess, he left to collect himself before speaking to his parents. Can I do anything for you?" He tilted his head. "Look.. My head hurts.." Kiara whimpered. "Alright." He nodded. The lionesses now surrounded Kiara. "Is everything okay?" Nala groomed her daughter who gulped and nodded. Sarabi whispered to Rafiki who stroked his chin and nodded.

"This is my daughter, Kiara.." Nala spoke to Laini. "Good evening Auni." Sarabi greeted Auni who'd stepped forward and nodded to her. He smiled a shy smile to Sarabi of respects. "What are you doing here..?" Kiara hesitated. 'He's onto me..'

"I'm sorry.. About earlier." He nuzzled her. "Hmm yes.. Sarabi you may be correct." Rafiki whispered. "Is she okay?" Auni hesitated when Rafiki felt her stomach. "She's alright." Rafiki leaned back. "She's pregnant." Kiara gasped. "She is?" Nala paused. "What!" Auni sharply snarled, his lips rolled up to flash his teeth. "I-I-" "We never- Oh you! Err.. What would your father think and- Ugh!" He couldn't finish his sentence from anger. "I can explain! It was in the heat of the moment and-" "Yeah? In the heat of the moment? So's this!" Auni let out a roar, he ran so fast his colour was a blob. "No!" Kiara squealed.

Kiara went after him, even though she was no match to his speed. A mother on the other hand, could never let anything get in the way of someone hurting their cubs, Laini was at Auni's tail beside Nala who's strength never wore out over the years.

When Kiara arrived, roars thundered across the lands. This was it! Kovu was gone! Auni never loses. Kiara held her breath, the lionesses stepped away for their own safety. "Cut it out guys!" Nala scolded the lions challenging one another. It hurt Kiara that Kovu had no clue why Auni wanted to fight. She couldn't handle watching fights, especially between two lions and so she hid in a nearby bush listening to the lions crying in pain during battle.