Chapter Twenty Five

Simba and Auni kept strict patrol for the few hours after Kovu was dismissed in case Kovu returned, but he never did, and Kiara's aggression never died down. Simba paced in front of the cave, just hardly out of Kiara's sight. He feared Kiara would never forgive him, while the other side of him was relieved that his daughter was safe. "Simba?" Nala checked up on him. 

"What am I going to do? She's still devastated. She can't rule like this.." Simba glanced back at Kiara hyperventilating on the ground after hours of screaming. "Just give her a few days.. She'll get over it.." Nala sighed in disappointment. "Oh, good evening Vitani." Nala greeted Vitani who made her way over. "Hey.." She looked off into the distance looking puzzled. "Where are the cubs?" Nala asked, trying to distract herself from the scene. "Oh, they're with Kopa at the watering hole..." Vitani trailed off, but gasped soon after.

Nala flinched in surprise. Vitani's face widened with her mouth stretching open like her eyes"I never told him.." Vitani whispered to herself. "What do you mean?" Nala lifted her eyebrow. "When he first showed up.. I told him that I'd tell him something Zira was hiding from him." Vitani frowned. "Who cares anyways.. It's not like he really changed anyways.."

"Sire! The outlanders are coming to attack! It's war!" Zazu panicked. Simba's eyes widened. "Everyone evacuate!" Simba ordered, rounding up the lionesses. He left Kiara and Vitani to the side with the cubs, they would not fight.