Chapter Twenty Three

Note From Author: Hey, want to have some discussion in the comments? Think about this- why would Zira think Kovu has committed a sin by supposedly 'killing his brother' when she warships Scar, the lion who looked his brother in the eye before murdering him.

On With This Chapter...

Kiara and Auni had met up with Kopa, Vitani, and the cubs after having their alone time. "What are you guys up to?" Kiara asked to pass time for Simba to return with Kovu. She craved spending time with him, he was a perfect mixture of gentle, caring, and a daredevil. He let her do the most insane things a princess should keep her nose out of, like being chased by an elephant. 

"Well.. Someone got grounded." Kopa glanced down at Nya who's nostrils grew and she breathed heavier in frustration. "Tell auntie what you did." Vitani pushed her cub forward, using humiliation for punishment. "I asked uncle-" "Wait stop! No-no-no-no-no! Tell her the other thing." Kopa gasped of the stress, he couldn't handle listening to his daughter blurt out anymore 'lion questions' especially because of how persistent she was on having her madly inappropriate questions answered. 

"I counted Clif's chins after he ate half a buffalo." She puffed. "Hey! I'm not fat! I only have three chins!" Clif covered his face to cry. "Crybaby!" Nya scoffed. "He's not fat.. He's my little boy. It's okay honey, you're just chubby, that's cute." She used her fingers to lightly pinch his cheek as he'd giggled. 

"And?" Vitani lifted an eyebrow. "Then I asked uncle-" "Stop bringing that one up!" Kopa lectured but Nya purred up against his leg. "Aw, come on Tani does she have to be grounded?" He nuzzled his daughter. "Ew.. Daddy's girl!" Clif gagged. "Hey! Shut up!" Kopa and Nya both attacked him. "Father!" Kiara gasped. "Simba!" Auni did the same at the same time. 

Kopa and Vitani gasped and looked back. "Dad!" They snatched the cubs and bolted to the king with Kiara. 

"Father! What happened!" Kiara cried, nuzzling her father for comfort. His eyes widened from a jolt with his pulsing wound. "Kovu happened.." He puffed, collapsing to his side and groaning of agony from his bleeding wounds. "Simba!" Timon and Pumbaa greeted in concern. "Bring him to the cave! Someone get Rafiki!" Kiara ordered.