Chapter Sixteen

When Kiara was back, Kovu was filled with disappointment. He wanted nothing to do with her.

"Hehehe! Good evening Kiara!" Rafiki greeted. "You shouldn't be out right now, should you?" He playfully lectured. "Come on Rafiki, cut me some slack.." She groaned. "Don't worry princess. Close your eyes." He ordered. "You too young lion." Rafiki pat Kovu's head, he pulled away in irritation. "Who even are you?" He scoffed. "Come on Kovu!" Kiara encouraged. He sighed and closed his eyes. Rafiki pried their jaws open, and suddenly they felt a cool liquid flood in their mouth. A sweet flavour overflowed in their mouths from a juicy fruit. They swallowed and licked their lips clean. "It has flavour.." Kovu hesitated, he was used to tasting tasteless garbage back the at the outlands. "Hey! What is that!" Kiara giggled. "Passion fruit." Rafiki slipped back in his tree.

Kovu started to crave the lingering taste, it gave him joy. "Go on love birds!" Rafiki guided from his tree. "Where?" Kovu looked up, dumbfounded. "In upendi!" He was now done. "Upendi?" Kovu glanced at Kiara who enjoyed his clowning. A gust of cool wind combed through Kovu's mane. "Come on!" She squealed, inviting him to take a run.

He'd joined in to start his act of getting close to her, he'd taken a run with her until she collapsed in the dry grass. The dust stuck to her. "Eheh!" She shook off with him, they were too loud with their laughter however. They head a loud elephant trumpet behind them. They slowly turned back, seeing a young frustrated bull that they had woken. "Oh Shit!" Kovu cursed with nervous laughter. "Run!" Kiara screeched as the two began to bolt away from the angry bull chasing them, his sharp tusks ready to impale them, his feet and weight ready so squish them.

"Wahhoooo!" She cried in excitement. "Wooo!" They both cheered between the stomps and trumpeting. They turned sharp corners, slipping after each curve putting their tails in danger before they slipped in a crack between the rocks and waited the bull out before they burst out laughing like there's no tomorrow. "Bahahaha!" Kovu initiated the guffaw. This was easily the craziest thing he's ever done.

They both started to squirm out of their shelter but in the tight space and so much struggle, they opened their eyes seeing their lips against one another's. They quickly tore away, their heads falling back against the rock, chuckles of embarrassment flood out their mouths before they were free again. "Eheh..." They paused in hesitancy before continuing to stroll side by side.