Kat: A Light In My Darkness

Reviewed by - Kat CaliKat000

Author:@Xanatos271
Title: A light in my darkness
Genre: fantasy, romance

Review

Cover: 4/5

I like the font and placement on your cover, although, I think it would be better if the picture wasn't so Photoshopped in. Its not that bad but it is noticeable. It also seems really dark, almost black. I don't think it is a good eye catcher. You can definitely improve!

Blurb: 5/5

I really like your blurb! It asks all the right questions and let's the readers be aware of what the book will reveal and the potential outcomes.

Title: 5/5

The title defiantly fits the book. Also, the foreshadowing the title presents it spot on.

Plot: 8/10

It was a very interesting plot. One I didn't really expect when I read the title. I have read some books with a similar plot and I have to say this one is good compared to the others.

Character development: 10/15

The characters were interesting to say the least as well as complicated. Their love for each other brought out a different side of themselves. One thing I noticed is the difference in how they act when they're together and when they are apart.
I like how you didn't dump all the details of the characters in the first few chapters as well. You spread it out and paced yourself with giving details. Many writers have that problem.

Spelling and Grammar: 10/10

You have by far the best spelling and grammar I've seen. You use a larger vocabulary than most of the writers and your sentence fluency is amazing!

Overall: 8/10

When I read the title of your book I was skeptical. I didn't know what to expect. I thought it was going to be a cliché romance story, but it wasn't! And seeing that it was in the fantasy category kind of made me uneasy about reading it but it turned out better then I expected!

Other Comments:

I don't really care for fantasy books but I was willing to give this one a shot, and I'm glad I did! Good job! Keep writing!
BTW I loved the preface of your book!❤❤